006 - tutor

Written: 16th April 2024

June like the month? HA HA HA sorry
—————————————————————————

June wondered what the rest of Team Hummingbird was doing at this moment.

Maybe...training? It was also possible they were all at Vinny's place again, enjoying some nice ramen.

"Hey- Hey are you even listening?" Y/N snaps her fingers in front of him, unimpressed as he physically flinches.

June's brought back to his bedroom, desk scattered with papers, post-it notes and an open textbook. "Sorry- I was just..." June sheepishly scratches his cheek. He really had no excuses, instead of focusing on exams and university entry, he was more focused on racing with his friends.

Y/N frowned. "Yknow, at this rate, you're gonna flunk and lose your chances of getting into university," they sighed, taking a big stretch as they stood up. "Lets take a break, yeah?" they smiled while walking out of June's room.

Now standing together on June's balcony, the pair fell into a comfortable silence. It hadn't been long since Y/N offered to tutor June, at the price of a couple bucks, of course. Nevertheless, the two had gotten closer, and it had June wondering how things could've been if they never crossed paths.

"June, do you know what you want to do? After school, I mean." Y/N asked curiously, leaning against the balcony railing while the sky settled into orange hues.

June shrugs, "I don't know, really..." He says, whilst looking out into the distance. The future was frightening, the idea of falling into unknown territory right after graduating? It would have intimidated anyone.

Y/N hummed thoughtfully, startling June as they clapped their hands out of nowhere. "You like bikes, right? We can start a bike repair store together!" They grin widely, like it was bound to become a trillion-dollar business...

June chuckled, "What do you know about bikes?" He teased.

Good Point...

"I mean, I've got time to learn?" Y/N shrugged it off. "All those famous racers from around the world could come to our store...We'd be rich!" They firmly patted June on the shoulder.

June grinned at their usual optimism. He had to admire their positive attitude, like a light in the dark. It was cringey to admit that...but reassuring. Even if the proposal was childish...

"Whatcha think then? Business partners?" Y/N said whilst putting a playful arm around June's shoulder.

June huffed a soft laugh, taking Y/N hand in his and squeezing gently. "Sure."

June knew that whatever hardships he went through, he'd have a light to guide him.
—————————————————————————
authors note

hi...its been a LONG while since i've written something like this, I'll appreciate any criticism and critique 😎

I mostly wrote this to get back into it, so I dont think it was as lovey dovey? um idk. IM PUBLISHING ANYWAY

June gives slowburn vibes