Love, Loyalty, and Unexpected Challenges

After India's victories against Bangladesh, New Zealand, and England, it was time for the match against Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium. Shubman couldn't wait to see Sara cheering for him in the stands. A night before his flight to Mumbai, he just picks up his phone and dials her number.

Shubman: Hey, lady love!!!

Sara: Helloooo!!!

Shubman: Finally, I'll be able to see you and most importantly, have you in the stands. God!! You, in the stadium, is the cutest thing ever!!

Sara: What's cute in it?

Shubman: Everything about you is the cutest.

Sara: Okay, I'm flattered now!!

Shubman: Achha, I will send Jugnu with you, yet again. Is Vedika coming too?

Sara: Vedika isn't free. Alysha will join us.

Shubman: Cool!!

Sara: Shub?

Shubman: Hmm?

Sara: Are you sure I should come?

Shubman: Sure? What do you mean? Are you planning to not come?

Sara: No way!! That's not what I meant. It's just that we got snapped together at the launch event for the first time ever. So it'll be so obvious, and I... I don't know!! Just tell me if it'll be the right move for me to be there?

Shubman: You think it isn't obvious now? Trust me, everyone already knows we're together!! The whole world knows we're a thing, okay!! I do get where you're coming from but don't worry about it all. I can't imagine the match without you. Your support means everything to me. I want you there, cheering me on. I really want you by my side. So, please comeeee!!!!! 

Sara: Yes!! Of course, I will come!! No need for a 'please'. I'm all ready to cheer on my man. It was just a random thought that popped into my head, and I wanted to share it with you.

Shubman: Yeah!! You did right with sharing it. The thing is that our relationship is definitely private, but it's not a secret. It's just that we haven't announced it publicly and abhi filhal, we don't have any plans as such. But we can still have our special moments together, just for us? It's all about finding that balance, you know? So, no worries about it being obvious.

Sara: Yes, you're right!! See you soon then!!

After conversing with Sara for a bit, Shubman called Jugnu.

Shubman: Hey, Jugnu, can you come to my room for a sec?

Jugnu: Sure!!

Jugnu enters his room,

Jugnu: What's up? Want to play cards or what?

Shubman: Naah!! Wanted to discuss something with you.

Jugnu: Oh!! Go on!

Shubman: You'll be accompanying Sara in the next match. You know it, right?

Jugnu: Yeah, of course!

Shubman: Well, I've been thinking that since we were recently spotted together for the first time, I know people might start digging more into our personal lives and I absolutely don't want Sara to face any unnecessary trolling or negativity.

Jugnu: I totally get it, Shub!!

Shubman: So, here's what I need from you. When you go to the match, I want you to accompany Sara. Make sure she feels comfortable and safe throughout. Even after the match, when you guys leave, please make sure she gets into the car first before you do. Her well-being is my priority.