SURVIVING THE UNDEAD |EP.1|

Lilian peered through the shattered window of their makeshift shelter, her breath fogging up the glass. Outside, the world was a chaotic scene of destruction and terror. Zombies roamed the streets, their moans echoing through the desolate city. Beside her, Thomas loaded his pistol, his expression grim.

"We need to move," Thomas said, his voice low. "Supplies won't last forever."

Lilian nodded, her heart racing. They had been holed up in the abandoned apartment building for days, scavenging what they could find. But their food was running low, and the thought of venturing out into the unknown filled her with dread.

Gathering their weapons and a few meagre supplies, they made their way cautiously down the stairs, the creaking of each step making them flinch. The once bustling lobby was now eerily silent, the only sound the distant shuffling of the undead.

They stepped out onto the street, keeping to the shadows as they moved towards the nearest grocery store. The air was thick with the stench of decay, and Lilian fought back the urge to retch.

As they neared the store, Thomas held up a hand, signalling for Lilian to stop. He gestured towards a group of zombies, their rotting flesh barely clinging to their bones as they feasted on a fallen survivor.

"We'll have to find another way," Thomas whispered, his grip tightening on his weapon.

They skirted around the outskirts of the horde, their hearts pounding in their chests as they searched for another entrance. Finally, they spotted a broken window at the back of the store, the glass shattered into a thousand shards.

With a silent nod, shakily they slipped inside, the darkness swallowing them whole straight away. Lilian gripped her flashlight tightly, the beam cutting through the gloom as they searched for supplies. Canned goods, water bottles, anything that could sustain them in the days to come.

Suddenly, a noise echoed through the store, the sound of shuffling footsteps growing louder with each passing second. Lilian's heart lurched in her chest as she realised they weren't alone.

Hey guys this is my first ever book so please tell me what yall think.

Lots of love <3

Lari