Chapter III

'Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one' - John Keats

As she tossed and turned all night.

All that Nina thought about was those three little words that Carter said as she entered the bedroom for the night 'I love you'.

They had only known each other for 6-12 hours before he even said them.

Taking tippy toe steps to open her bedroom door as quietly as she can, she was trying not to wake him. Tilting her head she made sure that the door was ajar so that she could hear him waking up - but hope that he wouldn't hear what she was about to say as she phoned her sister to say that she was back in town.

Laying back on the bed, like she was a teenager again, Nina shuffled up the bed to grab her phone.

"Hey sis" She whispered into her phone.

"Nina? Is everything ok?" Her sister asked. "Why are you being quite?" She added in."

"I'll tell you later" Nina explained. "Meet me at Dunkin Doughnuts on 4942 Broadway, where we went as kids"

As Nina hung up on her sister, she got herself ready to meet up with her big sister, she didn't want to wake him up as he slept like a baby next door on the sofa.

Getting herself all dolled up for a trip to the doughnut shop, she tip toed out of the bedroom, what she didn't know at the time was that Mr Carter Mason was not sound asleep as she thought that he was.

No.

Mr Mason had one eye open as he watched her leaving through the living room. He saw the fact that she was dressed in a tight red dress and high heels that would show men around her that she was single.

Showing off her caramel Latino legs.

He had never seen the way that Latino's dress before - until now.

He was also thinking about last night, the talk that they had, what he had said to her before they went to sleep.

The three words that you only say to the your partner, and he said it to his room mate.

Going spare that he even uttered the words 'I love you' to someone he had just met that morning. Wondering that if it was because she had hit him earlier that day, thinking that he was a robber, or killer.

He had no idea what he was going to say to her when she got back. These are the things that he would usually call his brother for, ask him for advice - something that he he was no longer going to do.

________

As Nina sat by the high stools waiting on her big sister to arrive, her sister may be married and yes, she may be carrying around baby things - however, that did not mean that she was yet to become a mother herself.

It was their own mother's suttle way of saying 'I want grandbabies'.

However, Nina and her sister were not ready for that yet. Val had just moved into a house with her partner, they weren't even at the stage where they would plan a wedding.

Thiago and his wife on the other hand, they were already on there way to making his parents proud as Adalyn was pregnant with their first child, so a first grandbaby was on the way - they were even more excited because it was a girl that was on the way.

Carter didn't have that type of pressure though - since his parents were both dead. Carter's only worry now was the fact that his buissness may be failing at the hands of the media and his ex brother and fiancée.