Prologue

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

-2022 11th April WBB NCAA blog-  

"So, as I'm sure everyone who follows women's basketball (especially UCONN and Villanova basketball) knows, Camille Madden was a charming young prospect fresh out of high school in 2020, it was rumoured that she may have had an almost guaranteed spot at Uconn alongside fan favourite Paige Bueckers, The two were known for battling it out for the number 1 draft spot in high school. That was until Camille tore her ACL in her last high school basketball game which ruled her out from playing for the following season. Meaning that her draft spot dropped from number 1 to number 23. In these unfortunate circumstances, the head coach of UCONN couldn't take a risk on a girl like that, but you know who could? Villanova could! and I bet they are happy they did. Madden was cleared to play for the 2022 season as a sophomore and was absolutely ripping it up on the court. Although I heard through a little birdie that she might be hopping in that transfer portal and moving to somewhere that gives her better opportunities. Now there has been a lot of speculation about where Camille is going, but I think I know where she will be transferring to for her Junior year. I think she's going to transfer to UCONN. Camille has a lot to prove to Geno and especially Paige Bueckers, I think she will want to show Bueckers that if it wasn't for her injury she deserved that #1 spot. We obviously know that both girls have a fury and very competitive side, but I wonder how they would go if they were teammates. I really do think It could be an interesting dynamic, as we know Paige and Camille are very versatile players, Paige has also just recently come off an ACL injury and announced that she will be ready to play in this upcoming season, Bueckers will be stepping onto the court for the first time in a year. So again yeah, I think that both players have a lot to prove and I would just really love to see those two in a team. So yeah, I mean hopefully we see Camille repping the Huskies in August but I guess we will all find out in a month. Make sure to subscribe to the women's NCAA newsletter to find out every detail about this upcoming 2022-23 season!"

***

- 2022 15th June WBB NCAA blog-

"What did I say, guys, I think I called it. Camille Madden has officially leapt through that transfer portal and joined the UCONN Huskies, As all the readers know I am a huge advocate for this and am super excited to see what Madden brings to the Huskies, Now I believe that Kennedy, Paige and Azzi were all on team USA together in 2019 before Fudd suffered a few knee injuries and was benched. However, Madden and Bueckers were known to work quite well together, or against each should I say. Cheryl Reeve (USA Basketball coach) reported that those two were so competitive to beat each other, to try and prove that one was better than the other, that they actually made themselves better. I think that's why head coach Geno Auriemma is excited to have these two as a pair, and although Paige and Camille won't be fighting to be the best high school basketball prospect, they will be fighting for that recognition on the court.  Make sure to subscribe to the women's NCAA newsletter to find out every detail about this upcoming 2022-23 season!"

------------------------------------

hey guys I thought this was a cool way to do the prologue and set up the story because it's in blog form. 

also in this book Paige did her ACL in the 21-22 season and Camille did hers in the 20-21 season.

I promise this book is going to be SO GOOD I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS SO KEEP READING!!!