Chapter Twelve

Two weeks later, Sasha and Yamac are finally on the yacht Baris procured, preparing to leave for the gun drop. The yacht will take them to drop coordinates in the Caribbean, where they will meet up with the buyers. I need the perfect outfit for the yacht! Sasha laughs at the expression on Yamac's face when he spots her.

"Close that mouth, Yamac bey, unless you're going to put it to good use." A cocky grin takes over Yamac's face. "There are several ways I'd like to put my mouth to good use." He said. Sasha steps closer to him, inhaling the scent that is purely Yamac.

"Is that a promise?" She asked. "You can bet on it." Yamac said. Sasha walks her fingers up the centre of his chest. "A promise from Yamac Kocovali. That must be worth it's weight in gold." She said. "Or guns." Yamac said. Sasha rolls her eyes.

"Bad joke, Yamac." She takes a few steps back from Yamac before they get themselves into a compromising position. "This boat is beautiful!" Sasha spins in a slow circle, taking in the opulence. Cushy seats dot the deck, and a hot tub sits at the rear of the boat. A table is set for meal service with real china.

"It feels more like we're taking a luxury holiday than going on a gun run." Sasha said. Yamac walks up behind her, circling his arms around her waist, as if he can't keep his hands off her any longer. "It's a little bit of both, isn't it?" He asked. "Yamac, we can't lose focus." Sasha said. "No, but we can have some fun." Yamac said.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to do that until we've gotten rid of those guns." Sasha said. "I can think of some ways to distract you." Yamac said. He spins Sasha to face him, and his mouth claims hers before she can even gasp. Sasha pulls apart when a throat clears nearby.

"Captain Demir." Yamac doesn't release her, his arms tightening when she tries to step away. "I'll be manning the yacht and navigating us to the coordinates. Just wanted to see if you were ready to take off." Captain Demir said. "I think we're ready. You remember we are meant to have no extra passengers, yes?" Yamac said.

He looks meaningfully at the several crew members bustling around the deck. "Of course. They will help me leave port and take one of the dinghies back." Captain Demir said. "Good." Yamac said. Captain Demir gives a curt nod and strides away.

"Yamac, will we be okay without a crew once we're in the open water?" Sasha asked. "The trickiest parts are leaving and arriving at port. I'll help drop anchor as needed." Yamac said. "It's sexy when you talk boaty to me." Sasha said. Yamac pulls her into his chest, crushing her into a hug.

The ocean stretches out in front of them, boats, large and small, dotting the view as far as they can see. "Are you okay?" Sasha asked. "Better than okay. These past couple of weeks have been the happiest I've been in a long time." Yamac said.

Yamac presses his lips to the top of Sasha's head, and then she leans back to study his face. "Yamac, happy looks good on you." She said. A mischievous smile spreads across Yamac's face. "Do you want to know what or who looks good on you?" He asked. "The tiny bikini I packed?" Sasha asked.

Yamac's eyes widen. "Geez, Sasha." Something sparks in his eyes, and he swallows hard. "I love you, Sasha." Sasha's heart stutters. This is the first time either of them have said it since he came back. "Oh, Yamac." She said. "I'm not expecting anything, Sasha. I just wanted you to know. You deserve to know." Yamac said.

Tears form into Sasha's eyes at the sincerity in Yamac's expression. An emotion that feels suspiciously like love floods her entire being. Can I tell him how I feel? Do I even know how I really feel? Am I ready? "Yamac, I love you too." Sasha said.

Yamac's smile is brighter than any she's seen before. It looks almost painful. "That is the best news I've heard since the last time you told me that." He said. Sasha laughs. "When we were teenagers?" She asked. "Yes, which means this time is so much more powerful." Yamac said. He pulls her close again, his lips crashed with hers.