1 Crushing

A/N: Hiiii! Soo, this is the sequel to my shikatema book, but you can read it as a stand alone, even though this will have information about the other book, so if you want to read both, I recommended to read them in order. Also for those who already read my first story, I'm gonna change my writing style up a bit, so I will incorporate what they're saying in the text, I feel like that works better. The cover is mine btw but the characters are not! Now let's get started, shall we?

Shino's POV

"Bye guys, see you at lunch!", Hinata said, with a soft smile on her face, leaving for her class with Ten Ten, who screamed a "Bye!" in my direction too. I only lifted up my hand a bit, which I guessed you could see as a wave, but the brunet next to me, waved back enthusiastically, shouting "YEAH WE'LL SEE YOU THEN!", with a huge grin adorning his face. It made the red triangles on his cheeks lift up slightly, his eyes closed, forming upside down u's. 'He looks so cute.' When the girls had left, we had turned around to get to chemistry with Ms. Senju, walking side by side through the busy halls of Konoha High. Akamaru, Kiba's little dog, was sitting on his head, so he wouldn't get lost between all the other students, and he slept like he wasn't lying on a moving person's head. "Oh hey, Shino! I think Mikio (A/N: I just searched a random name and apparently this means tree trunk man 💀) got lost again!", Kiba informed, putting his hand closer to mine, so the black bug could crawl from his hand to mine. "Thanks.", I mumbled quietly. I always had at least some of my pet bugs with me, even at school, and they tended to move around a lot, when I was with people that they knew well. And I only hung out with the same people ever since I was a kid, with some new additions to the group as we grew older. Kiba and I had been friends since kindergarten, same as with Hinata, and we had been inseparable ever since. Kiba and I were best friends, and while both him and Hinata had other friends, our bonds were still strong. Also I had had a crush on Kiba for a couple of years now, since middle school to be exact, but he didn't reciprocate those feelings. To be honest I never told him, but I never would. He enjoyed his freedom of being single and was kind of a playboy. It wasn't like he manipulated people, or hurt them in any way, no he was really clear about how he felt, with the people he spent his nights with, and told them that he wasn't interested romantically. I could never tell him about my crush, when I knew I would get rejected. His lifestyle didn't match with what I wanted from him. It would only ruin our friendship and I didn't ever want to lose him, so for all these years, I had just kept quiet and left it at being his friend.

Soon, we entered the classroom, sitting down in the back, next to the window. While I got out my notes, pens and books, Kiba started talking to Lee, who sat in front of us. Next to him was an unfamiliar redhead, keeping quiet and looking out the window. Apparently Kiba had noticed him too, since he asked Lee "Hey Lee, who's that, sitting next to you? I've never seen him here.". "His name is Gaara, he just moved here from Suna!", Lee answered enthusiastically. This Gaara didn't make a move and just continued to look out the window. "Then welcome to Konoha, Gaara!", Kiba greeted the redhead. He turned slightly, and answered with a nod, that I returned. "Oh wow you both seem really similar!". Kiba exclaimed. I rumbled with disapproval. At least I had the politeness to look at people when they were talking to me, most of the time. 'Also I have sass and I'm sure he does not.' To show my disagreement even more, I rolled my eyes. But then I remembered they couldn't see that, because of my sunglasses. Trying to find another way, to tell them, I just did. "I'm definitely not the same as him, at least I have some politeness. He obviously thinks he's better than us, but he's wrong.". I didn't look at him since I wasn't bothered by him. I just wanted to be a little sassy. Kiba must have noticed, since he added "And you have your sass.". Lee looked at me, a mix of scared and disappointed, and responded "Shino that's the opposite of being polite. Be friendly to this new, youthful student!" Gaara turned at the word "youthful", with a questioning expression on his face. "Calm down Lee, he was just being sassy.", Kiba responded, rolling his eyes, kind of annoyed at Lee's critique. It amazed me, how I had thought and done the exact same things just half a minute ago.