Purgatory Brawl

Pac POV

Tomorrow is the last day of purgatory. Finally.

Ive been seeing fit every night, and ill be glad to finally be home and with him all the time.

This morning the eye came into our vision again. He said the most kills from today will get a ton of points. This is when tubbo decided that we would all get in a giant group, and go around getting a bunch of kills.

We went around and found out where most of green was. A battle broke out in the field. Etoiles came at me with an axe. I swung mine around just in time, and he disappeared. I had killed etoiles. Then roier came around the corner, and i couldnt spin around in time, everything went black.

I appeared back at camp. That felt weird. I ran back to find the rest of my team and the battle continued, trading kills with green.

After a while of exhausting battle, we decided to retreat. On the way back fit stood in front of us, I hadnt seen him the whole fight. Without warning, tubbo charged foreward.

"NO!" I yelled. But not quick enough. Tubbos blade went right through fits chest, and he disappeared. My heart plummeted. We promised not to kill each other.

"What?" Tubbo said, turning around

"Uh- nothing" i said quickly not wanting to seem suspicious, even though I was broken inside.

Bad looked over sympathetically. He knows what I felt. He mouthed "go ahead", making sure nobody was looking. I took off for the forest.

Fit POV

I was guarding the back of the blue side. I wanted to be in the fight, but etoiles insisted i guard their back, so they cant flee.

And it worked. Sort of

The blue team came charging over, trying to get back to their camp. I pulled out my sword to drive them back into battle, but then I saw pac.

He was near the middle, looking pale. Like hed just seen a ghost. I paused, It looked like he had been through it. But it makes sense, he was in the thick of it. Was that a scar on his face?

I was lost in thought, when Tubbo charged foreward, thrusting his sword out. "NO!" was all I heard and my vision went black.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. But then I was back at camp. How could he. Tubbo, of all people. The third in morning crew. Just then a message came on my communicator

Pactw whispers: are you ok?

I didnt know how to respond. It wasnt him that killed me. But I still felt hurt. By tubbo more than anything

Pactw whispers: please, come to our spot

Whisper to pactw: ok

Does he want tubbo to kill me again or something? We only go there at midnight

I started going over there anyway, even though its dangerous. The rest of green were heading over to reds base, so it made sneaking out easy.

-Time skip-

Im almost to the tree. I hear sniffling as I get closer. I turn the corner to find pac. Hes alone, no weapons or armor, and his eyes are red from crying

"Oi fit" he said between sniffles

"Pac, what happened" I asked, worried

"Im sorry fit, Im so sorry"

"You didnt kill me" I said, trying to calm him down

"But i was there, I should have stopped him!" He nearly yelled. "Im a horrible person, I shouldve stopped him."

He kept rambling "I cant even look at myself anymore. We made a promise and I broke it!" He squeezed his eyes shut "im so sorry, im so sorry, im so sorry, im so sorry" he kept saying shaking his head

"Pac" i said. He kept rambling, not opening his eyes

"Pac!" I said louder. Still nothing.

I pulled into a hug, and then smashed our lips together. I needed to get him to stop talking. He pulled away only to get air, and then dropped to the ground. Leaning against the tree.

I crouched down in front of him "hey, it wasnt your fault" i said gently. He was still staring at the ground. "Look at me"

He shook his head, more tears spilling from his eyes. "Pac, please look at me" i begged softly

He didnt move his head. I gently took his face in my hands, and picked his head up. He squeezed his eyes shut. "Pac, please" i begged again.

He slowly opened his eyes. More tears spilling from them.

"Pac, it wasnt. Your. Fault." I said "you couldnt have stopped him, dont blame yourself"

I leant over and kissed him again. This one was a softer kiss, his face still in my hands. I felt his hands move around my waist.

He pulled away after a few moments. "I'm so sorry fitch" he said

"You dont have anything to be sorry about" i said softly

"Te amo fitch" he said shyly

"Te amo pac" I said.

-time skip-

We had been under the tree for a while now. Pac just sitting in my lap, with his head buried in my neck, and me stroking his hair.

He picked his head up "you should know, bad figured it out"

I was surprised "wha- how?"

"He followed my footprints one night" he said "but he wont say anything, hes actually covering for me right now"

"As long as he doesnt say anything, its alright" i said, studying his face. I brushed his face with my thumb, going over the scar I saw earlier "what happened here" i asked him

"Roier, killed me" he said "his sword left the scar there". He winced, like the memory hurt him in a way

"This is an evil game" I said, anger lacing my tone "we're all friends!"

"Its ok" he said "our team challenged"

"We shouldnt have to fight at all!" I said still frustrated

"we dont have a choice, but we'll get through it, itll all be over soon" his voice calmed me down, he was always able to calm me down, even though others couldnt. The tone of his voice was just so soothing.

he put his head back on my shoulder, and i started to play with his hair again.

We stayed just like that for the rest of the day, just talking about random things other than the situation we were in.