Chapter #16

"Well then. Everything seems to check out," searching through the file, Henry hummed lightly in thought as his gaze shifted to look up at the woman before him. "Welcome to the Fazbear Family Mrs. Addams. We hope you'll enjoy your stay here," standing up, Henry reached over the table for Dove to shake and she eagerly jumped out of her seat and took his hand in hers, "I look forward to it!"

"Great. Mari will give you a tour of the place and show you to your booth."

Dove felt a bit nervous at the mention of Mari. Springtrap mentioned she'd be an issue, and Dove was not looking forward to meeting her, "Oh, okay."

Henry motioned for Dove to leave as he sat back down at his desk, packing her file away in the employee cabinet before grabbing another file and searching through it.

The new and improved Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria was finally up and running, which meant Henry was busy with hiring new employees, and Mari was in charge of taking the newest members of her rogue animatronic retrieval team down to their headquarters, and Dove was now part of that team.

Her main job was to research the targets and update files, but her secret task was to find a way to upload Springtrap's virus into the building's mainframe. 

Stepping out of the office, Dove looked to her left then right as she searched for Mari, a slight frown forming on her features as she was greeted by everyone, but Mari. Where was she?

"Ah, you must be the newest member of the team. Mari sent me to fetch you," Dove looked back to her left and flinched slightly at the sight of the tall man before her. He looked like he'd been through hell and back.

"Oh? How come?"

"She's handling a small problem," the man shrugged as he motioned for her to follow him. Sighing in both relief and disappointment, Dove quickly followed after him, pulling her bag over her shoulder as she studied his features, or the ones she could see.

His skin was a dark, sickly purple shade hidden under an uneven make-up job, which made him look splotchy and wrong. Barely visible stitches stuck out from under his face mask and his eyes were dark and sunken in, like he was super malnourished or something.

"I get that I look strange, but you could try not to stare."

"Ah, sorry. I'm a very curious person and I make that very obvious," Dove redirected her attention to the ground as she pursed her lips, her gaze shifting back to the man as she opened her mouth, "So um... what happened to you?"

The man sighed softly and tugged his hat a bit lower as they passed a group of kids that sprinted down the hall, "As you know, a lot of the animatronics here are recovered from old run down locations and well... Circus Baby and her friends may have been desperate."

Dove felt a shiver run up her spine as she tightened her grip on her bag strap, "Oh. I heard that the field job is dangerous, but I didn't expect well, um... that. How are you still alive when you're a literal corpse?"

"Good question. Mari has been running tests, but so far, answers are vague. She's gotten more out of some of the residents here than she has from me."

Dove nodded her head and decided to focus on surviving through the day before she could start the plan. After all, it's better to know your enemy and their base to take them out more effectively!