Chapter Three

SOPHIE

By the time I get out by the pool where they're getting the crib board ready I feel a lot better at least knowing where my luggage is and that I'll get it back at some point.

"Hey, perfect timing we're just going to start playing! You're on my team." Tannis pulls out the chair beside her. "Here's your drink!" She sets a glass in front of me with an umbrella sticking out of the top.

"Thanks! Looks delish!" I take a long sip and let the tangy cool liquid sooth my stress away.

We end up kicking their buts twice in a row by the time we decide to pack it in for the night. Once I'm settled in bed I grab my phone from where it was charging to set my alarm. There's a notification from Airport jerk, yes I saved him in my phone as Airport jerk! I open up my Lock Screen and he's sent me a picture with a caption "How ridiculous do I look?" He's sitting in a restaurant and in the picture he's tilting his head and motioning down the length of him to where his pants abruptly end way too soon leaving his socks exposed. I focus back on his face and there are those eyes staring right at me and I feel kind of exposed. His stare is so intense, maybe that's why I took off so fast at the airport. I'm not ready for someone to look at me that way, my wounds are still too raw. It makes me laugh though, I cover my mouth because I can't help myself! He looks ridiculous and the suit jacket he's wearing is pulled taught over his broad shoulders. A giggle escapes my mouth once again and I feel bad for calling him an asshole for the second time and I don't want him tossing my bikinis. It's late and Calgary's an hour ahead but I decide to send him a message.

"Thanks for the laugh, you do kind of look ridiculous! BTW I'm sorry for calling you an asshole."

TREVOR

I'm back in my hotel room when she responds to the photo I sent her. I wasn't expecting it because it's midnight where she is. I get a rush of adrenaline anticipating how she's going to respond to the picture, and open the text message.

"That's okay, I forgive you."

I accept her apology. With a happy face emoji 😊

"How did the meeting go? Did you land the clients?"

"It's a work in progress, I have not won them over yet especially considering what I was wearing tonight🤦🏻‍♂️"

"What about the coworker you mentioned? Do they like him?"

"He's the brains of the operation so he takes care of the finer details and I'm supposed to close the deal with my unending charm."

"I'm sorry, your what?"

"Look. We got off on the wrong foot so I haven't charmed you yet😉"

Another text comes in and it's from Mark

"I can't believe you left early tonight! You should see the chick I landed! She's got a friend, it's not too late!"

"Actually I'm good man, tired tonight."

"That's not like you, you're usually always up for a fun night😉"

He's right I am usually up for a night out but I find texting with Sophie really enjoyable so I confirm with him that I'm not interested.

"Well have fun, maybe you can land them both😛"

"You know I'll try😉"

I ping comes in from Sophie and I close out my conversation with Mark.

"Okay Prince Charming, can't wait to be charmed!
I'm sorry you must be tired, I should probably let you get some sleep💤"

"Actually I'm not really that tired so it's okay."

"Yeah, me neither. I slept on the plane, took some pain killers and then crashed."

"Oh shit! How bad are you hurt? I feel like complete scum."

"It left a mark like I thought it would but I bruise easily so it looks worse than it is. I'll show you."

Wait what? My heart starts to beat faster as I anticipate what she's going to send me. It only takes a minute before the picture pops up on my screen. She's standing in front of her dresser mirror gathering up the end of her T-shirt to expose her left ass cheek. Her dark wavy hair is covering half of her face. There's a fairly large purple bruise on her backside. Wait! Is she wearing my T-shirt? I zoom in on the picture and see the green university of Alberta logo on it through the mirror.

"You're wearing my T-shirt?" I type out before I can even stop my thumbs from moving. What I really wanted to say is damn, the bruise aside, you look amazing!

"Really? That's your first comment after I send you a picture of the massive bruise you inflicted upon me! And yes I'm wearing your T-shirt. It's really comfortable and the contents of your suitcase is fair game as far as I'm concerned😛"

"Okay then, game on!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, what's yours is mine now too."

"So, what? You gonna wear my bikinis? Because I want a picture of that!"

"Ha, no but that loofah sponge 🧽 really looks like it could get into those hard to reach areas."

"Don't you dare use my loofah sponge in those areas!"

"Good night Sophie😴" I type out with a grin on my face.

"Hey! You can't just ghost me now!"

"Trevor?"

"Seriously?"

"Fine! Good night"

I see the rest of her texts flood in as I'm looking at that picture she sent me. Her long tanned legs, the way her backside curves just right, how she looks in my shirt. I look down to find I've tented my joggers and I feel like such a creep! I quickly close out of the picture before my erection tempts me to do something about it and go to sleep.