Boundless Love

No matter what James had said about it being fine if Winn tried to share his feelings with Kara, as it was the photojournalist was still working things out with Lucy Lane, Winn had still had no conscious intention of doing anything about it, and certainly hadn't intended to kiss her. The dejected young man had simply given into impulse, getting lost in a moment of desperation and pain, that and the way his best friend (his love) had taken his hand and looked into his soul, made it very hard to resist.

When Kara felt Winn's lips on hers, her best friend's lips on her own, she kind of panicked, well froze in place and experienced a surge of adrenaline that had her thoughts at comparable speeds to a sluggish Barry Allen (not that she'd know this yet). Put simply, her brain was buzzing.

Kara had a lot of love to share. More love than most of her peers might understand, and not even in a promiscuous way, just by upbringing. Ethical non-monogamy was about as common on Krypton as monogamy was in most cultures on Earth. But, for the most part, Kara didn't like televising this information due to an unfortunately high percentage of men who took that as an excuse to proposition her. But Winn was different, special, he treated her with the utmost affection and praise, helped her whenever he could, and understood her better than most.

Kara wasn't completely oblivious, Winn's affection for her had bordered on romantic interest many times, but the longer it went unquestioned, unacted upon by either of them, the more dramatic a change it would inevitably bring to their friendship and future partnership. And now, if accidentally heard conversations with superhearing were anything to go by, poor Winn believed Kara's affections for James meant she couldn't also potentially be interested in his companionship. Romance truly sucked sometimes.

But..It didn't have to. She leaned forwards, bringing her hands up to caress his soft brown hair, deepening the kiss with a gentle flick of her tongue to his lips. A contented sigh escaped Winn and Kara can't help, but smile against his face, slowly, reluctantly pulling away, still beaming.

Winn for his part looked better than when they'd sat down, but pain still clung to his soul no matter how happy he was and it certainly showed on his face.

Before either of them could say anything, the door burst open...