The One Where They Decide

Avery was walking towards one of the living areas when she heard an unfamiliar voice coming from it. She knew most of the people on this floor, it was unusual for anybody else to be there.

She cautiously walked forwards and looked through the open door. She saw a redhead standing in the middle of the room talking to Tony, who looked quite offended at whatever the woman had said.

Tony noticed her standing there and waved her over. "Hey, kid, come on in and meet Natasha," Avery made no attempt to move into the room, still standing awkwardly at the entrance. The man gave her a soft smile and nodded his head towards the couch. "It's okay, she won't bite."

Avery slowly made her way into the room, pointedly ignoring Natasha glare in her direction and making her way over to the man on the couch and sitting next to him. "Hi, Mr. Stark," She smiled at him before turning to the woman and trying to remember her manners. "Hi."

Natasha nodded at her in greeting before turning to Tony, a teasing sort of glint in her eyes. "This the kid that took my room?" Avery tried to hide her surprise but it seems she didn't do a good job when the woman looked in her direction and raised her eyebrows at her.

Avery turned to Tony, ready to leave the room to get away from the awkwardness but he looked back at her and just smiled. "She's just joking, Avery," The girl furrowed her brow at him, still unsure. "She doesn't even stay here anymore, really, it's okay."

"He's right, if I need a place to stay, I go to Clints." Avery only nodded her head at the woman, sinking further into the couch and turning to the TV. Tony wordlessly handed her the remote and she immediately turned on a pixar movie -It was Wall-Ex

Natasha moved to sit next to Avery, who moved slightly to make room for despite there being enough room on the couch for four people. She gave a small smile and turned back to the TV.

"What is this?" Natasha motioned to the movie they were watching. Avery turned to her and then to Tony, silently asking him to tell her. He nodded and looked at the woman.

"Wall-E," He told her. Natasha raised her eyebrows at him in question. He sighed and continued. "It's about robots falling in love and saving Earth or something."

"He has a pet roach." Avery spoke up quietly, feeling this information was important. Natasha just smiled slightly at her and turned back to the movie.

They were halfway through the film when Pepper walked in, quite loudly to Avery's frustration. She greeted Natasha with a wave and ignored Tony. She then turned to Avery and motioned to the TV with her eyebrows raised.

Avery sighed under her breath quietly and turned the TV off. She turned to Pepper and smiled at her. "Hi, Ms. Potts."

"Hi, honey," She moved in front of Avery with her hands behind her back, a large smile on her face. The girl tilted her head at the woman and smiled awkwardly at her. "I have something for you."

Avery looked at Tony, who only shrugged at her with a small smirk on his face. Avery had never gotten anything for any reason at all so she was highly confused. When she turned back to Pepper, the woman was already pulling out whatever was behind her back and the girl's eyes almost bugged right out of her head.

"I promised you a phone, remember?" Pepper smiled at the girl and handed the box to her. Avery looked up at her and smiled, trying to figure out what to say to her but she couldn't seem to put her thoughts into words.

"Really?" It was all she could say, she knew Pepper and Tony were getting her one but she didn't really believe it, but now that she actually had it, it was a whole different thing. "You meant it?"