Chapter1

Chapter 1

Marcella

Darkness is our friend... the cold is our cousin... stealth is our forte... and blood is our joy.

Yes, we are vampires, this is not one of those stories where we are rich, vicious, or sparkly. But maybe yes some of us are good looking, strong, and most of us have a gift. Our kind was at war with one of our most ancient rivals ...we've lost. That was hundreds of years ago, before I was born. My name is Marcella and I live with my mother Melissa in this so call Vampire Palace. It's more like a crack house underground for hideouts and I've never knew my father.

My mother --- she was a hand lady for a very important high-born vampires back when we were roaming the lands, she uses to tell me stories of how big and powerful we were, and how everyone was afraid of us. I remember she told me that they have something important of ours and we need to get it back, so that one day we can take back our lands.

We have been searching for these 'something' for centuries, and no one seems to know anymore what we are looking for, we are lost... lost of our ways, lost of our time, we are just a blood sucking being, trapped.

"Marcella, please do not run out again, what if you got caught?" said my mother so softly to me getting up while she's still laying on a beat up ancient looking couch in her usual centuries old long black dress which made her look like she was coming out from a painting.

She still looks stunning though even it has been ages since she last has a proper care of herself. She has a gorgeous thick long wavy black hair which I got from her and of course the pale white skin, we all have. Her eyes are almond shape suite the high cheekbone and that good jaw line, plus those plumed full lips, anyone who saw her no matter which creatures always fell for her, I admit I am lucky to get all of her features. However my eyes are somehow blue instead of the redish brown like her, which is extremely rare for us vampire.

"But I'm hungry" I pouted, lying.

"We ate yesterday, remember? Please don't make me worry" she sighed, close her eyes and slowly falls asleep.

We are immortal..yes, we still need to drink blood but nowadays we were just hunt anything to survive and sleeps most of the days and nights to preserve energy so we wouldn't have to drink often. This was not living... this was slowly turn to stone!

I am fascinated of the outside world, I know... classic.. what a cliché, but if you know this dungeon I've been call home your whole life, you would feel the same way. I am almost 60 years old, and the furthest I've been is the closest town from our hideout. It is surprisingly close, I would say not even a 20 minutes' walk away, this is how we survive, by being very discrete and fast. We don't usually hunt people anymore, only rare occasions, we now live of animals instead. Oh, and by the way me being 60 doesn't mean I look like a grandma, all of our body either stop ageing when we got turned or in my case it stopped ageing at 25 since I was born vampires.

I've made sure my mother has slipped off, before I use one of my best skills, sneaking out! I've closed many doors behind me on my way up to the surface, this helps concealed our smell. I look out through the creeks of the outer door of the underground palace which was covered by another thick layers of vines and bushes. From outside looking in you will not be able to tell that there's a door here.

Inhale...

I took a big breath trying to make out all the smell outside, this is my gift, I have an excellent sense of smell, hearing, and a good sixth sense, it is a real thing!... I can usually tell which way to take and what to do, base of this sixth sense. My mother said it's not a thing and my sense of smell and hearing gifts are pretty dull. Most of us already have a good sense of smell but they also blessed with some actually amazing gifts. Like my mother, she can control people's mind by touching their skin, or sometimes she can kind of read people's thoughts when sits in the same room. I know some of us can even controlled elements, but since we are weak the gifts weaken with us.