Part 5: A long week

Chloe's POV-

Bella has been in a mood all week. Edward Cullen really got to her, she's been trying to confront him all week, but he hasn't been in school. Bella still sits with Jessica and her group at lunch. I sit with the Cullens. It was nice, they introduced me to Jasper, who I learnt was Rosalie's twin. They're all nice, to me at least. I've seen them give cold looks to others, but never to me.

I normally sit right next to Rosalie, which I'm going right now. Every time I'm near her, it's like my heart wants to stay, it's always banging against my chest, as though it were trying to pry its way out and attach itself to Rosalie's heart.

Right now, Rosalie is playing with the rings on my fingers. She seems to want to be near me all the time too, which makes me feel really, really happy. She's so pretty, I could stare at her for hours at a time. She must've felt me staring, because she looked up and smiled at me, earning a smile back.

That's when she stopped playing with my rings and just completely intertwined our hands. She smiled at me again, before turning to face the rest of the Cullens, minus Edward who was still a no-show. She kept her hand in mine, squeezing tightly, but strangely, it doesn't hurt.

I look to the rest of the Cullens too, seeing them having a conversation, but they don't seem to really be talking about anything in particular, they were too busy staring at me, or to be more specific, my hand, that was still attached to Rosalie's. Emmett just looked at me with a smirk, like he knows something. Jasper looked at mine and Rosalie's hands with a fond smile. Alice, however, looked like she was about to explode. Her smile was huge, and she was basically hanging off the edge of her seat.

Rosalie made a small noise, I don't know exactly what kind of sound that was, perhaps she was just trying to clear her throat. But if I had to describe it, it sounded like a purr, the type a cat does. Either way, the sound made me smile.... I'm not sure why.

"So, Chloe! What classes have you got this afternoon?" Alice asks, full of interest. "Oh, I'm done again for today, two free periods." I told her. Rosalie turns to face me again, "you should let me see your schedule, I have two free periods now too." She tells me, o can feel my heart rate pick up, whenever me and Rosalie have free periods at the same time, we hang out. We've done so all week.

"Would you like to go for a walk with me, Chloe?" Rosalie asks, voice somehow a combination of shyness and confidence, I didn't even know that was possible, but Rosalie had found a way. "Sure, where to?" I ask, trying, and failing, to contain the excitement I was feeling.

"You'll see." Was all Rosalie said, before standing and pulling me up with her. We said small goodbyes to the three Cullen children we were leaving, and made our way out the glass door, straight to the forest surrounding Forks.

"Hey, Rose, you're not taking me in here to murder me, are you?" I ask, making a joke about the circumstance. Her lips tugged upwards when she heard me say that. I thought she was smiling at the joke I'd made, tuns out she was actually smiling about the nickname I'd given her. "Did you just call me Rose?" She asked, I couldn't figure out what she was feeling at that moment. "Oh, yeah, I did. Sorry, I didn't mean t-" as I was about to explain myself when I got cut off by Rosalie, "I like it, it's cute" she said, making my heart flutter.