Upbringing

As part of the pack the creature grew along with the pups, changing his form along the way and from up close observations fine tuning here and there for his own added flair in the form of a pattern of white dashes on his mostly black coat and white patches mimicking another set of eyes on the top of his head. He had moved off the kind wolf mothers milk and on to searching for his own food. Though at this time it was smaller game such as small rodents and birds if he was quick enough. Being the studious type the creature, who didn't need to eat often due to the fact its mass was constant he only required food as a way to add mass to itself. Took to perfecting himself. Increasing its muscle mass and density, strengthening tendons and bones, remaking its body every day to achieve a new height. The mother wolf looked on at this growing beast proudly. Imagining she would have many grandchildren and her blood would be continued. Though she was a little confused on how that would happen as the creature possessed no visible genitals. It didn't stop this simple wolf mother being happy. Though there was another problem. The creature was mute. No matter how hard it tried it couldn't replicate vocal chords. It tried to look at other creatures throats it had hunted but even if it made the shapes it wasn't the loud bark of a wolf but more like that of a parrot copying a wolf. It gave up and studied the body language instead, which it was better with.

It was enough for the creature to progress in its daily life of being a wolf. Though it hadn't travelled very far yet, the distance the wolf mother allowed them to go from the cave together was increasing. The mother would disappear sometimes and return with larger creatures as food. Usually of no use to our creature in vocal development though, as their throats were ripped out and eviscerated. Other than that it studied everything else down to the bone marrow and brain.

Over the course of the next year the creature grew rapidly alongside it's fast growing siblings, mimicking their size and rate of growth but it had already grown so much more internally. More than any normal wolf could. It had achieved being the strongest out of everything it had met. It's fur like obsidian needles but it's properties more like thick armour. The creature could control each individual needle separately and also make them soft as to not hurt its siblings or mother. But it had noticed that the males were the stronger of the species, outgrowing their female counterparts and being overall stronger. So the creature took on the form it noticed differentiated from the two and grew male genitalia. He was driven from birth by some unknown urge, like an instinct, to learn, improve and grow in strength and power. He wanted to dominate. The urge grew day by day until the creature was agitated enough to lash out at his siblings violently. The mother wolf broke up the fight and barked at both of them with a raspy snarl showing her teeth in aggression. Even though he knew he was stronger and could kill the wolf mother he couldn't. She had raised him and he was grateful for that. But it made him feel shame that he even thought of killing her.

He wandered over to the wolf mother with his head hung low reaching up slowly to rub his nose on hers and lick the side of her face. He went around his siblings and did the same. They knew what was happening, the creature had decided to leave the wolf mothers pack and begin his own adventure. The small patch of forest a few miles wide, where he had spent his days was no longer big enough for him. He wanted to go further and see more of the world. Learn more things and discover its secrets. He felt heavy leaving his family. But knew he was destined for bigger things. He would never forget them and vowed to himself he would return and if he saw his siblings on their own adventure he would help them if they needed it. He headed to the very edge of the territory he was never allowed to cross and mentally prepared himself  to cross the boundary.

His first steps towards a world bigger than he ever knew, with creatures far stronger and smarter than itself awaits.