2

⚠️ This chapter is in the Point of View of Matias Verstappen ⚠️

I can feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I take it out to find Max calling me.

"Hey?" I answer the call. Grabbing my luggage from the conveyor belt.

"Hey!" He says. "Where are you? Did you make it safely?" He asks almost immediately.

"I'm at the Monaco airport. Yes I did make it safely don't worry man." I reply. "Are you outside?" I ask.

"Yeah I am. I'm waiting for you."

"Alright, I'll be right there. There isn't much media is there?" I ask. "No don't worry, I don't think anyone knows your here." He answers me as I walk through the airport.

"Alright good. I'm so not in the mood of paparazzi right now."

"Yeah, you just want to finally see your best friend don't you?" He teases me. He thinks I have a crush on Cesca, but that's insane. She's my childhood best friend. I haven't seen her in years.

I love her but not that way.

"Max, for the last time, we haven't even talked in years, I don't even think she would recognise me if she saw me." I say, Over exaggerating definitely because we still talk and see each other's posts.

It's just not the same.

"Okay now you're just being insane." He laughs. "You here yet?" He asks.

"Dude be patient."

I gets to the car and Max opens the door and gets out.

"I've missed you brother." He pulls me in for a hug. "Yeah, me too. At least I'll be here for a while?" I chuckle slightly.

"Yeah, because you fucking tore your leg apart."

"It's just a little scratch, plus it's not my fault I fell." I say, even though it totally was. "You got into a fight during a match." He looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Says 'mad max'" I reply. "Oh come on! At least it was after the race." He says. "Just be more careful and calm next time. Okay?"

"I will, I promise." I smile.

See, during last week's match, I got into this huge argument with a player from the other team and it got pretty heated. And then out of nowhere my leg got injured really badly and my team sent me back to Monaco to stay here for a while till I can play again.

Fast forward, at their house.

"Is P here?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's been waiting for you." Max answers as he puts the key in the door.

He opens the door and almost immediately I hear P yell "Maxie!!"

"Hey, be careful don't fall!" Kelly says trying to catch up to her as she runs faster than I'd ever seen a child run before.

"Mattii!!" She says once she finally sees me. "Hey P!! How are you?" I say bending down to be able to hug her as she runs into my arms.

"I missed you!!" She says "me too!" I laugh.

Penelope's my brother's girlfriend's daughter, but instead of exaggerating it that bad I just call her my niece, because that's basically what she is.

"Hey, nice to see you again." I shake Kelly's hand once the little hug was over. "You too, I hope the recovery goes well." She says.

"It's not even that big of a deal, the two of you are definitely making it seem harder." I laugh.

"You're my little brother, everything's a big deal to me." Max says.

"Where's Victoria?" I ask. "She's not here yet. But don't worry she's coming soon." He replies as I pull my luggage to the living room. It's been so long since I was here last time. It feels great to be home.

"Oh also, I forgot to tell you but we're going over to the Leclerc's for dinner, just us Verstappen siblings and the Leclerc siblings." Max tells me as I finally sit on the couch.

"Oh, like the old days?" I ask, "yeah, except everyone's all grown up now." He replies.

"Yeah, of course."

I miss Francesca.

Matiasver14 has posted a story

_____________________________________author's note 🤍

Again, the first few chapter will indeed be pretty short, sorry !

Please don't be silent readers, and please do vote or comment if you're liking it so far! There's so much yet to come I promise 🤍

Also huge thanks to my best friend for all the help she's giving me with the story. Love you Noheen8