my melody backpack

she lifts her lipstick as she glides it across her lips. a highly pigmented, hot pink lipstick she received as a gift from her good friend valerie, who was crossing her arms and impatiently standing next to her.

"petunia, you should've done your makeup earlier. you can't just make me wait with you all the time, i have to meet up with a friend at breakfast today." valerie calls petunia out, tapping her foot nervously as she didn't want to keep her friend stalling. she didn't have much people besides petunia.
petunia sighs and puts the cap back on the lipstick. "geez, it's not like me just putting on a bit of lipstick is going to get you a tardy."

they started walking again towards the school, stepping in the entrance. valerie breaks the short silence. "i know you always do your makeup, but it's always beforehand. what has you worrying about your looks today?"
"what does it matter? it's none of your business." petunia says bluntly. though, she cracks a smile, in contrast to her tone a few seconds ago. "kidding. you're right, something's up."

"i was shopping at hot topic yesterday."
sunday . 1st person (petunia pov)
though hot pink will always be my style, black has been a trend. i think to contrast with my glamorous barbiex10 aesthetic, some gothic accessories would suit well. i remember valerie recommending me hot topic a while ago. so here i am, strutting down the sidewalk, flipping my bright hot pink locks back as i open the doors of the store. hot topic.
i look around the store, and actually.
nothing suits me.

i'm too good for all these items, and yet, they are such high prices?
yet something catches my eye.

as if it was magnetic, i start walking towards the pink bunny backpack i saw in front of me. it wasn't hot pink, but a light pink with a little bow on the side of its ears, with a small innocent smile. i then realize. is this not the same creature valerie has on her backpack, pencil bag stuff all the time? whatever its called. it was... not something i'd like. yet it was.. cute. and as if i got possessed, i reach my hand out to grab the tag of the bookbag, only to feel another person's hand on mine.

"oh, sorry." the guy politely apologized, quickly taking his hands off mine.

i look up to see a... a... a hot daddy. he was fine as fuck!!!!!! i have never seen much people look good with green hair, especially that avocado shade, but damn does he slay. with his makeup too, oh my gosssshshdi quickly snap out of my thoughts as i realize he continues talking to me. "hey, don't i recognize you from my school? you're..." and yes, he was in my school. i'm pretty sure his name was rantami or something. he was so much more attractive up close. i finish his sentence. "from your english class. and... science?" "yeah, and math." i nod, giddy he remembers me. "what was your name? petunia.. bobby jr.?" he even remembered my last name. "petunia is fine." gosh, i knew i was awesome, but to this extent? i'm so hot.

"it's nice meeting you here then, petunia." he smiles. "i'm rantaro."
"of course i knew that. who wouldn't remember you, silly!!!!" i mean, i didn't get his name quite right but i think i had a really good and close guess for not ever talking to him. why haven't i talked to him? he's so hot
rantaro looks surprised. "ah, really?" he goes back to smiling. "that's good to know. you were looking to buy this?" he points towards the bunny backpack, to which i was about to deny, because that cutesy stuff not my thing. that's valerie's gimmick. which i tried to excuse myself. "oh- um, yes. but, just for my friend." "i see. then you can have it, you were here before me after all." he politely says, to which i felt myself falling in love even more. i clear my throat. "oh, you like this sort of stuff?" i ask, not knowing if i should admit to liking these.. little creatures. not that i do. but i need to find an interest we share. "haha, yeah. it's a bit embarrassing, but, it's whatever. they're cute, are they not?" i was a bit surprised to hear he liked these sort of cutesy stuff (too) but i honestly didn't really care. "oh, yes, i was thinking about buying this for myself, too. it's too cute." i lie, but for some reason, it felt like i was at least saying a half truth. which i was not. i would rather die than actually own that sort of stuff.