Chapter 1 World turned upside down

Piers' POV
I hurried to grab my car keys as I scrambled to get the work outfit on, not paying attention to my surroundings. When I was getting dressed, I almost tripped over a box. A charm bracelet fell out of the box that had very few things in it.

I picked up the bracelet and put it in my pocket to look at later. For now, I finished getting dressed and got my shoes on so I wasn't late for work.

A few hours later
I wiped down the bar and sighed. Chris walked up the bar and smiled warmly but I wasn't in the best mood. "What? Show your 'bro' a smile! Come on, dude. Your frown doesn't get costumers to walk over here." He told me with a laugh after he sat down. I just poured out his drink and handed it to him.

Another person came over and hit my friend over the head. "Stop messing with the kid, little bro. Why can't be less annoying for once?" The man asked Chris who was still rubbing the back of his head and frowning. Of course, I laughed at this.

I smiled at Chris' brother. I think his name is Wyatt from what Chris told me. "It's all good. Chris has been a constant thorn in my side since before I started working here. He's a special type of trouble." I joked then laughed a bit, getting the pad that had every Halliwell's drink orders given to me by Chris and Melinda.

I pour Wyatt's drink for him and he smiled before drinking it. "What's your name, kid?" He asked me with a comforting smile. He's the only kid of the owners I haven't met in my 5 years of working here.

Smiling, I sighed lightly. "I'm Piers, I've been employ of the month the past year and a half or so. Probably because I'm the only productive worker here." I said jokingly and held out my hand to shake.

He shook my hand and Chris groaned. "You're really already becoming friends? I can't deal with both of you giving me a hard time." He whined as started acting like he was drowning in his sorrows.

Melinda walked over and before she even got to the bar, I already had her drink ready. "That's a new record, Piers. Almost like you saw it coming." She joked then started drinking, sighing at the taste. "I can't believe you created this drink. It has everything I like in it." She said with a pleased look on her face. Chris rolled his eyes at her.

"This man has the ability to make your perfect drink. Just one look at you and he can make the drink you will like the best. Show Wyatt." Chris said as he now had his hands on his chin, his elbows on the bar.

I got to work quickly and made his perfect drink. It was a blue raspberry and green apple flavored vodka mix. He drank my concoction and looked surprised by how much he liked it, exactly how I envisioned his reaction to it would be.

Melinda and I high-fived before I looked at my phone to see the bar was about to close. "Would you look at the time? I guess it's time for us to get going." I said with a bit of disappointment in my tone. The costumers were already leaving but Chris twirled the keys in his hands.

Chris smirked and put the keys on the bar. "You work here and our mom owns this place. We can stay longer than everyone else." He said with a cheeky grin on his face. Out of these 3, he's definitely the most mischievous sibling.

I shrugged and continued to wipe down the bar. I noticed a charm bracelet that each of them was wearing but I ignored them, not thinking anything about it.

Melinda looked like she noticed something and started laughing nervously. "Hey. How about we get going? Piers was right about closing up with how long it's been open." She said with obvious anxiousness. She started fidgeting too, starting to look more unnerved than anxious.

I sighed and nodded, putting the rag I was using in the dirty rag basket. "Well, it was nice to finally meet you, Wyatt. Your siblings said good things about you and it's nice to know all of the Halliwell kids now." I said with a slight smile before walking to the door, turning to them to wave then leaving.