Day 10

"There! Did you see that!?" Ezra asks loudly. I open my eyes to see the careers standing around the coals of their fire from last night. They're all holding their weapons at the ready as they stare at the tree line.
"I'll go check it out," Jerit tells them. He walks towards the forest, still ready to attack whatever is there.

After disappearing into the forest, a scream echoes through the arena. The boy stumbles towards the Cornucopia with dark blood dripping from his arm, "it's him! The other one! It's him!" Jerit shrieks as he runs towards the group.

Something flies from the forest and plunges into Jerits back. He stops moving and falls to the ground to reveal an axe sticking put off him back. I look to the tree line and see Grey running towards the group.

I grab the knife and slice the rope around my wrists. Swinging my arms around, I cut the rope around my legs. I spring up and hurl the knife at Ezras back. My legs start running in the opposite direction. I hear him shout as it hits his back. I look over my shoulder to see him running after me as I swiftly run around the Cornucopia.

"Grey!" I shout as I run in his direction. He looks in my direction quickly with a look of relief. As I get closer to him, I turn and start running towards the forest. I look over my shoulder to see Grey following my lead, I also see Chrys chasing us towards the forest. Ezra is back at the Cornucopia, pulling the knife from his back.

As I reach the forest, I hear someone scream behind me. I turn my body to see Grey clutching his side with his hand. I look around for a weapon as Chrys gains on Grey. All I can see is sticks.
"Fuck," I whisper as I quickly bend down to grab a stick. I run out into the field with my stick in hand. "Keep going," I tell Grey as I pass him. He keeps running towards the forest as I run at Chrys.

All she has is a belt of knives. 'Only 3 left,' I cout them as I figure out what to do. She throws one at me, I move to the side and dodge it. He face fills with rage as she grabs another knife. I run behind her and hold the stick on her throat. She swings the knife around randomly, trying to hit me anywhere. The knife slices my arm that is around her body. I can feel the air sting as it enters the wound. I grab the stick with both of my hands and push my knee into her upper back. She begins to choke, I can hear her screaming for help and gasp for air. Her hands try to move mine, she scratches my fingers as they grip the stick. I push my knee into her back harder. She struggles for a while before going limp. A cannon booms. My heart drops as I realise what I just did. But I don't have time to think. I drop her body and pull the knives from her hand and belt. I look back to see Ezra bolting towards me. Quickly, I dash towards the forest where Grey stands, waiting for me.

My head feels light, and my eyes can't focus. The world spins with every step I take. I can feel the ground coming closer and closer as I slow down.
"Y/N!" Grey shouts as the world disappears, and I black out.