Baby Sitting

Abra hoped that she would be able to have the man's phone before he woke up. The process would have been faster and better if she had brought her system, but she did not, so she would not look suspicious.
Finally, Abra was able to hack John's phone using his pin. Abra checked his call history, his messages, and his pictures for any leads she could find. She took pictures of everything she found.When she was done with John's phone, she checked his wallet and got all the information she needed. She even saw his ID, and truly, he did not fake his identity; he was John, but the contents of his phone were enough reasons to believe he was up to no good. She realized she had a lot to do during the weekend and the week after.
Abra left John and his properties and ran out of the room, closing the door behind her, hoping he would not wake up while she was trying to get out. She was able to leave the hotel safely and decided to lodge in another hotel for the night instead of going back to her house.
When she got to her house the next morning, she saw Sally and her two children, Steve, Sasha, and Zach, right outside her door."Oh God. Sally, I did not tell you to come here yet."
"Good morning to you too, Abra. We've been waiting for you ever since. I even tried your line, which you did not pick up."
"Good morning, Aunty Abra", the two children greeted Abra in unison. Abra decided not to be rude just because of the children and how cute they looked. She ignored Zach completely and opened the food while they all went in. The children who knew their way around went to the spare room, the one Abra's mom was using before she left. "Sally, I didn't—
"Look, Abra, I had no choice. Seriously. I'm going on a business trip this evening, and I will be back on Monday evening, so I promise to pick up my kids early on Tuesday morning. Just be a good sister and aunt, please."
Abra rolled her eyes at the mention of "Good sister." Sally was Abra's half sister; they shared the same dad but not the same mom. Abra's mom was Mr. Ramsbo's first wife, but he ended up cheating on her with Lilith, who was Sally's mom. At that time, Sally was the rude one, always proving that she was the most important person in the world until her mom died from cancer, and their promiscuous dad went ahead to have an affair with a much younger lady who was not really older than Abra. When Sally got pregnant unintentionally, their dad stopped talking to her, which was quite an irony for someone who slept around with people. Abra herself had stopped talking to him since the day she found out he was cheating on her mother.
From the time Mr. Ramsbo stopped talking to Sally, she had no choice but to be humble and try to get close to Mrs. Roberts and her daughter. Mrs Roberta had welcomed her with open arms, but Abra, on the other hand, was not so welcoming.
Sally walked away to the kitchen while Abra rubbed her forehead. She thought of how she was going to take care of the twins while trying to protect herself, as it seemed that people were watching her and probably trying to kill her. She could not outright say no to Sally because her mom would be unhappy. After all, Sally had promised that they would be gone by Tuesday. Was it better to take the children to stay with her mom and Lawrence? Abra did not know, and that made her head burn and hurt from a lot of thinking.
"Abra—"
"Zach don't", Abra said; she had been ignoring the fact that Zach had been standing behind her the whole time trying to talk to her.
"I've signed up for an anger management class, Abra. Please talk to me", he pleaded.
"Well, good for you. You attempted murder."
"Don't put it that way, Abra, please. You know I would never try to kill you."
"Well, you've also said you would never try to hurt me, and then you did."
"The syringe I picked up contained something that would have only made you sleep."
"Zach, with the force you had planned to hit me with, you could have killed me. Plus, there were about three or four syringes on the table, if not more; how do you know which syringe you picked when you were that angry?"
"Abra—"
"Forget it, Zach. Just go home. I'm not angry with you for trying to kill me with a syringe. I'm angry because you think I would go to sleep with another guy. I thought you trusted me."
"It's this case you are working on. It's scary, and it's messing with my brain. I'm scared of losing you. Apart from the usual sickness I have, I get nightmares just thinking about you. I know I can't stop you from whatever case you are working on because you love your job and you are getting money from it, but I need to tell you to be super careful. A lot is going on, and I don't want to lose you."
"Of course, I will be careful. Now I need you to leave; there's a lot I need to do."
"How about I take you on a dinner date on Sunday? I would love to make things right again. Please don't say no."
"I'm babysitting, in case you haven't noticed."
"I could take the twins out too. It'll be fun, I promise. Please,  Abra."
Abra fought the urge to smile. She was falling for Zach's charms all over again."I've heard you. Now can you leave?"
Zach sensed that he was winning Abra back and decided to push his luck further. "Can I take care of your poultry while you get cleaned up and babysit?"
This time Abra could not help but smile; Zach was being really cute.
Sally and Zach left later, leaving Abra and the children at home. Abra was not a big fan of babysitting; she was terrible at it, so she did not know what to do with them. Then an idea struck her mind. She called herself Mabel.
"Hello, Abra."
"Hey, Mabel. How are you doing?"
"I'm okay, and you?"
"I'm fine. Remember when I said that if the case got complicated, I would need extra payments?"
"Uhm yes. Money isn't a problem. How much more do you need?"
That was how Abra got $600—more than enough money she needed.
Abra took the twins, Steve and Sasha, to a big shopping mall and decided to take them to the toy shop first. They were so happy to hear Abra say that they could pick any they wanted, but with a limit, of course. Steve picked a big car that came with a remote control, while Sasha got a Barbie doll with its complete clothes, shoes, and hair set. The twins thanked Abra more than enough, hugging her randomly and calling her the best aunt in the world. Abra wondered how Sally, the rude sister she had, was able to reproduce these cute and respectable children.
Next, Abra took them to the clothes and make-up section, but this time the shopping was for herself; she needed to buy some clothes, glasses, skin masks, and makeup to assume an unknown face when she wanted to and did not want anybody to know she was Abra. The case she was working on was getting a lot more complicated than she had expected, and she knew she was going to have a long and probably tough weekend.