chapter 21

Angels can be so much like humans at times, Adam is a prime example of this. But I mean that some angels want to follow a great leader into revolting against a broken system, while others are too afraid of change to want to do anything against the system that suppresses their freedom.

Adam had convinced half of the angelic army that did the exterminations to change sides. Half of those angels want to play their part in fixing the system that was broken. And all it took for them to decide to fight for this cause is Adam, the angel that used to lead them into battle against demons, to admit how wrong he'd been and tell them of his own sacrifice that was coming sooner rather than later. So here we all are angels, demons, and two human queens of the apocalypse in hell; preparing for the battle ahead

I was the one who decided to make a speech the night before our final stand against heavens hypocrisy. "I know you guys have not gotten along in thousands of years. But tonight, we face a common goal. Tonight we are here for freedom, for fixing a broken system. Tonight we are here because we all want the angels up above who are not here with us tonight to stick to the morals they portray. Murder has long been on their hands, and on all of your hands for that matter. But we don't have to live that life anymore, told to kill each other while at the same time being told killing is wrong. We can fix this system but it starts with us."

Everyone cheered at this, But I wasn't completely done. When the cheering subsided I continued. "I am sure that we can win this fight and survive to tell about it. But in case we don't... tonight you should live however you want. Because tomorrow we will have to fight."

At this, I got off the stage, because we happened to be at Ozzie's witch is a club in hell. But Ozmodius let us use this place for our last night before we risked our lives for this. He figured he should let us use this place since we were going to risk our lives to try and fix a system that currently leaves hundreds of his people killed every year.

I was surprised as I took the time to actually take in the scene before me. No one was drinking alcohol, and everyone had actually started engaging themselves in conversation. Angels were talking with demons as if they'd always gotten along. It was strange how these people had managed to get over their thousands of years of deep rooted hatred for each other.

Some of the demons tried to involve angels in acts of sinful desires, but the angels kindly turned them down explaining that the reason they are choosing to fight this battle is so that they can have the freedom to actually stick to the moral system that heaven is so quick to force them to break, but these kind let downs were surprisingly met with respect and understanding.

Because of how I was when I was first made, I normally would've jumped at the opportunity to do these acts myself. But I felt like I owed it to myself and to Josh to not do this because it doesn't feel good when you've explained how you truly feel about someone and that person claims to feel the same and then goes and does something like that with someone else.

I decided to be the only one there drinking (because in hell there is no laws about drinking alcohol). Plus, this scene in the context of the apocalyptic battle that could surely kill us all, was kind of depressing to me.

I sat down at the counter and asked for a glass of alcohol. The person running the counter gladly got it for me because I had been the first person to get alcohol all night and he needed business.

"I figured you would be... because rumors have spread about what you have done on earth."

"you mean having sex with all the demons here who are asking for sex? Well, let's just say it's boring when you don't do it with someone you really love. Josh is the reason I'm even alive right now, and I want to respect my love for him because everything I do with him is always fun. Even when it isn't, that."

"I guess sinners can change after all. When me and you met the first time, I had decided to turn away from the idea of redemption, and left the castle believing there was no way for a sinner like me to change. But maybe I was wrong to believe that."

I looked up and saw that the person running the counter was Steve Pennington. Why is a system that is supposed to be black and white, cut and dry; so complicated and filled with shades of gray? "I'm glad I was able to help you."

And that is that. This is the final chapter because you know what happens next. The apocalypse happens as we had planned, Adam dies in Eden but me myself and Josh figure out how to bring him back using the crown, and finally heaven agrees to stop the exterminations forever. While hell gets it's new ruler, me. And I play an active role in helping sinners that want to change, but don't bother with those that don't want to because a person can't change unless they choose it for themselves.