The brown hair lady

"Why am I so nervous?" I say to myself as my hands started to shake, "honey let's go your bus is almost here!" my mother yells as she runs downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I say rushing downstairs and still slightly nervous, I said my goodbyes and get on my bus as my nervousness rises.

Summer came to an end, and my mom thought it was a good idea to spend the school year with my childhood best friend and his family. 3 years ago, we moved to the city, and I never kept in contact with him. His name is Reid, we stopped talking, but our parents kept in contact.

I always had a crush on Reid, who didn't? He was a popular dark-haired boy, who had every girls attention in every corner, people never knew why he hung out with me, as I was a girl geeky girl with glasses and pigtails in high school and he was a tall and muscular jock on the football team.

When I moved, I made friends nice group of girls that helped with me look, I felt prettier than before and more confident. I never really felt pretty back then, especially when I was with Reid.

I started to straighten my hair to make me look better, I got my braces removed last summer. I felt like a completely different person, I knew that he would like me more, and at least look at me differently instead of a little girl that used to be in his shadow.

Few hours later...

while being in my thoughts, the bus came into a stop. Me still being nervous, I stand on the curve as I look in front on me, I see her, Reid's mother.

She rushes and hugs me "Oh my gosh!  look at you! you are so beautiful, and you look so different, oh my I missed you!"

I hug her back "thank you, I missed you too" I take a good look at her, she is most beautiful women I've ever met. She had natural and beautiful brown hair, with beautiful green eyes, and a bright smile that lights up the room.

She always cared for me like a daughter and treated me like one, since she never had girls, she always let me spend time with her. Other than Reid she had 3 more boys that were also popular.

Ryle, Cameron, and Jacob, they also treated me like a sister. I always felt more comfortable with them but as years went by without them, they felt like strangers. 

As she talks and talks about everything on the ride to the house, she mentions Reid. "Reid started to act differently when you left, I'm sure he misses you."

Thats when it finally hit me. Does he feel angry with me since I've left? "Your room is ready, and school starts tomorrow. So, I hope your ready."

"Yeah!" I say so uneasy with this situation.

Finally, we arrived. I catch myself standing in front of the house, not ready what's going to happen....