Prologue

Keefe

Keefe Sencen's footsteps echoed through the silent streets of Atlantis, a city usually vibrant with life and light. The quiet was unsettling, a stark contrast to the laughter and chatter that typically filled the air. It was the kind of silence that preceded a storm, and Keefe could feel the tension coiling in his gut.

He had always been attuned to the whispers of the world, the subtle shifts in emotion and atmosphere. And now, every instinct screamed that something was amiss. The defeat of the Neverseen had brought a fragile peace, but Keefe knew better than to trust it. Darkness had a way of hiding, of waiting for the right moment to strike.

As he made his way to Sophie's place, the feeling of impending doom grew stronger. He found her on the balcony, her gaze lost in the distant lights of the city. She turned to him, her eyes reflecting the unease that had settled over them both.

"Something's off," Keefe said without preamble. "Can you feel it? It's like we're on the edge of something big."

Sophie nodded, her expression grave. "I've been sensing it too. There's a stillness in the air, a quiet before the chaos."

They discussed the odd occurrences that had been happening more frequently—strange sightings, unexplained disruptions, and a general sense of unease that seemed to permeate the cities. It wasn't much to go on, but it was enough to confirm their suspicions that the peace they were enjoying was nothing more than an illusion.

Then, without warning, the first explosion shattered the night. The force of the blast sent tremors through the city, and Keefe and Sophie rushed to the edge of the balcony. Plumes of smoke rose into the sky, and the sound of sirens filled the air.

"This is it," Keefe said, his voice steady despite the chaos erupting around them. "Whatever this is, it's just started."

They hurried through the streets, dodging debris and frantic citizens as they made their way towards the heart of the disturbance. But as they would soon discover, this was no random act of violence. This was a calculated move by an unseen enemy, a new threat that lurked in the shadows, waiting for the perfect moment to reveal itself.

And as Atlantis reeled from the impact, Keefe knew that this was only the beginning. The true challenge lay ahead, and they would need all their strength and courage to face the darkness that was rising.

Sophie

The Lost Cities had never truly known silence. Even in the dead of night, the hum of luminescent plants and the distant calls of exotic creatures filled the air. But now, a different kind of silence had fallen—a silence that was heavy and foreboding, as if the world itself was holding its breath.

It began in Atlantis, the city of shimmering towers and endless blue. The attack was sudden, a violent rupture of peace that left the citizens reeling. Explosions echoed through the water, sending shockwaves that shattered glass and bent steel. The once-bustling streets were now littered with debris, and the sea above churned with unrest.

Sophie and her friends (except for Keefe who had been with Sophie during the time)had been scattered across the cities, each pursuing their own paths, when the news reached them. They converged on Atlantis, their expressions grim, their hearts heavy with an all-too-familiar dread.

"The reports are scarce, but they all say the same thing," Dex said, his fingers flying over his gadgets, trying to make sense of the chaos. "Multiple locations were hit almost simultaneously. It wasn't just Atlantis—Exilium, Eternalia, even the remote outposts. They were all targeted."

Biana's face was pale as she added, "And there were no warnings, no demands. Just destruction. It's like the person who did this wanted to remind us that we're not as safe as we thought."

Fitz clenched his fists, the blue in his eyes darkening like a stormy sea. "We've been complacent," he said. "We thought the Neverseen were the only threat, but we were wrong. There's someone else out there, someone who wants to watch the world burn."

Sophie felt the weight of their gazes on her, the unspoken question hanging in the air. What do we do now?

"We find them," she said, her voice steady despite the turmoil inside her. "We can't let fear paralyse us. We find the source of these attacks and stop them."

The group nodded, a silent pact forming between them. They would not let darkness prevail. As they set out to investigate the ruins, they found clues amidst the wreckage—a symbol etched into the walls, unfamiliar yet sinister.

"The answers are here," Keefe said, tracing the symbol with a finger. "We'll uncover the truth,

This is sooo bad. I'm sorry for all the people who decided to read this.It's not too late to turn back now.

The italics are whose point of view it is but you can always just check the picture on the top of the chapter.

 Well anyway,if you're a little bit confused with it, here's a little bit of help:

<> Keefe is in Team Valiant as well as Fitz.

<> Wyllie and Linh might be dating maybe/maybe not.

<> Tam and Biana are dating.

<> SOKEEFE all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<> This happens a year after they graduate.

That's it.If I remember anymore notes I'll write them down here.

I'm so proud of myself.885 words(well 887 if you count the numbers as well).