CHAPTER ONE

There was 2 more hours until New York's most prestigious photography company, Clairemont Photography and Videography closed for the day.

Speaking of Clairemont Photography and Videography, Lily Harper was a lower-level photographer for their documentary department. She took the photos and edited them, but she usually just did photography church services and weddings. Simple stuff since she had just joined the company and wasn't allowed to do anything important yet.

Miss Harper was at her desk, editing a church's new advertisement when her phone rang. She picked the phone up and heard Mrs. Evelyn Clarke's voice, her boss, telling her to come to her office. There was, quote, big news.

She grabbed her phone and tote bag and headed up to the elevator,

She got to the 22nd floor and spoke into the doorbell "Hi, Mrs. Clarke, it's me!" She heard the door's lock click and walked into the office, "What's the big news, Mrs. Clarke?"

She sipped her coffee and took a deep breath before telling Lily,

"We're starting a new magazine, all about your work. For the first issue, we need you to go to Vanceburg, Kentucky, and photograph an Amish community. You're going to be staying with the Fisher family's oldest son, in their home; It's right in the heart of the town and you'll get some great photos. I think you're going to like this trip, so, are you interested?"

"Of course I'm interested! I want to go, please." Lily began begging Mrs. Clarke, in hopes that she could finally go on her first photography trip.

She handed her a binder, sipped her coffee, and did the "shoo" hand movement as her phone rang.

"Have a nice day, ma'am!" She said as she ran back to the elevator and down to her desk. She heard the, to her wonderful, sound of keys clicking when the elevator opened and she ran to the desk even faster now; Arabella, her best friend and desk partner, was there.

"Arabella! Oh my gosh! Mrs. Clarke called me up to her office and finally offered me a summer mission!" She was running to her desk and frantically spreading the papers out on their, very small, shared desk, "Look! I get to stay with an Amish family until August and photograph their lifestyle, I'm so-"

She was cut short, as usual. People never really let her finish sentences.

"Lily, look at the fine print. You can't photograph their faces, how are you going to take pictures? You're either only going to get below their neck or their back and that's pretty awkward and definitely sends the wrong message." Arabella continued, sifting through the thousands of papers, pointing out all the red flags that she could possibly find, "Also, you're staying with somebody's son, in a one-story one-bedroom house. What are you going to do?-- You can't just sleep in the same bed as a guy you just met, Lily."

"I'll just email them and ask for accommodations and-" Lily got cut off by Arabella, as usual.

"They're Amish, you idiot, you'd have to send a letter by pigeon."

"Oh, yea..."  She trailed off, thinking about how she could fix this crazy mess.