Chapter 1 - Roulette

Sweat, intertwined hands... everything blurred. Andy wraps her arms around Robert's body and strokes his back while she sits on him. She enjoys every single second when suddenly everything becomes blurred and she smells smoke. A fire surrounds them and they are trapped. It gets closer, so close that she almost burns to death when she wakes up out of a dream and clutches her head, completely out of breath. "no...no, no no no!" She gets up and goes into the bathroom to wash her face only to look in the mirror. "Great...now you're haunting my dreams too ...." she whispers to herself in disbelief and grabs her towel to dry her face.

"Damn, it's already three past seven!" She runs out of the bathroom, takes off her sleeping clothes and opens her wardrobe to look around for something to wear. She frantically searches through it in just her bra, as if she can't concentrate, and grabs a white sweater and her jeans. Once dressed, she quickly grabs one of her finished waffles on the way out and stuffs it into her mouth. She wants to lock up, but drops her key in her haste, the waffle still in her mouth, she looks to the side when she sees a neighbor watching her. Yup... it really doesn't get any more embarrassing than that.

She decides to pretend he's not there, locks the door and goes to her car. She shoves the remains of the waffle into her mouth and drives off, arriving just in time a little later. Being late is one of the things she hates on her list, but as the new captain of the 19, it's a crime. At least Andy thinks so. When she arrives, she dashes into her office and catches the first glimpses of Sullivan and Travis, who are working out who should be in charge of file sorting. Travis clearly loses and, typically, bangs the table a few times.

Andy has put her stuff away and dashes to the dressing room to change. She watches Sullivan and Travis as she runs out. Followed by Vic who just looks distraught at Travis and Robert. "Did I miss something?" she asks them and they shrug their shoulders innocently. "We still have 15 minutes until roll call," says Travis and looks at the files, shaking his head as he has to spend the next few hours sorting them. "You know how Herrera is...only those who arrive ten minutes early are on time...everything else is already too late for her." He takes a bite of his protein bar and looks silently towards the cabin as he chews.

Lined up in rank and file, the 19 is spick and span so as not to disgrace Herrera. Andy comes in and cleans her uniform once again. Walking through the ranks, she observes everyone, stopping here and there and trying not to let last night show. As she passes Sullivan, she only exchanges a quick glance with him, can't hold it for long, clears her throat and walks straight on. He doesn't miss this, of course, which is why he stares after her in silence. She can literally feel his gaze on her neck and looks back at him again briefly, then at Warren and finally disperses after a brief distribution of the remaining tasks. Herrera goes to the fitness room after changing her clothes. As soon as she has started and has the first weights in her hands, Robert comes in too.

She looks at him briefly, gives him an 'awesome, what are you doing here now' look and carries on, pretending he's not there.