Meri Jaan

"Hi, I'm looking for the Khan industry"
She rolls up with her suitcase and luggage, her hips wrapped with duppatta material. Her eyes like a deep forest that flickered like sunlight filtered with slender gold strands around a wheel. Her presence seemed magical and her face told the same story.  She looked Pakistani but her accent told me otherwise.

"Hi I'm Bilal, nice to meet you"
"Sakina, I'm looking for khan industries."
"I can take you there, just down the block anyone you're looking for in particular?"
"My father."
"Let me take those for you"

I look down into her golden green eyes, her smile as radiant as the sun. I open the door to my car
"aap ke baad" I look down at her eyes almost hovering over her.
Her eyes look up at me confused, but still smiling.
"Sorry, I don't understand Urdu"
"Oh, are you Pakistani"
"Yes, but I was raised in the UK"
"I said after you"
"Thanks"

I drive her up to the industrial building
"Soo, what are you doing here Sakina"
"I'm here for my sisters wedding"
"Funny, I'm going to my cousins next week"
"Is his name Ali?"
"Yea! That's amazing,"

"Umm, we're at your destination Mera Khoobsurat"
"Oh, thank you, how much do I owe you"
"Koi bhaat nei"
She smiles and looks up into my eyes, as if she
Understood what I said.
She walks off yet I continue to stare.

I drive off back to my home. All of my family say I'm a workaholic, but I believe I can have some fun when it's needed, I just believe it isn't always necessary. Well until I met her.

There's a week until his wedding, now I cant wait until his wedding day. I'm only 17, I wonder about her life. I sit in my room dreaming now. I never pictured myself as a Bollywood love story guy. But maybe I'll become one. For her. Meri jaan.

"Finally your back home bhai" Ali comes up to me and hits my back.
"Ali, sorry I was out at work"
I go up to my room and lay on my bed.
"My love, my heart, my soul"
I write into my notebook. I've always been a very private person, never very open about my feelings. Always concealed my friends say. They all say I'm boring or too extreme.

"Bilal, my finances family is here come down."
I come down in shorts and tie shirtless but hot.
"What?"
I look up at the family in an embarrassed manner and that's when I spot her.
"Sakina."
I dash up the stairs. Ali must have been so embarrassed by me. Damn me.
"Sorry about that."
"Salam, Bilal is it?"
I smile at her, what did I see in her. She was just a girl who came from the UK to Pakistan. How could I fall in love with her. My standards are supposed to be a perfect Pakistani girl who speaks Urdu and is to become a housewife but I know that's not what she wants.
"Would you like some chai? I'll make some for you all"
"I'll help you, she says"
"Follow me meri jaan" I say under my breath.
She follows me into the kitchen.
"So I'm guessing you take the pot and the chai, owwww"
"What did you do"
She comes over to me. "Give me your hand"
She gently cleans the wound with our hands touching. She looks up into my eyes, "does it hurt"
I start rambling and annoying her. "If you're Pakistani why do you sound British." She rolls her eyes. "Maybe you shouldn't annoy the person cleaning up your blood." She smiles.