27. Nobody Hears!

They moved like dancers out of sync, each step heavy with unspoken grievances. The air was thick with tension, a palpable fog that seemed to cling to every surface. The clatter of pots and pans echoed the silent discord as they clumsily attempted to prepare the meal meant to be a catalyst for reconciliation. Frayed nerves and forced smiles masked the deeper rifts, their movements a fragile facade concealing the fractures within. As the aroma of the carefully crafted dishes filled the room, it only served to accentuate the looming specter of unresolved conflicts, casting a shadow over the fragile hope of reunion. Lepille worked hard comforting and welcoming Totevia in such household.

"Don't worry about the household, Totevia," Lepille comforted. "Welcoming, we are. Perhaps after this, we can eat whatever you want."

"Adjust, I will dear miss," Totevia responded.

"Please, call me madame," Lepille said.

"Oh?" Totevia listened. "And what are you cooking?"

"It's à l'Orange," Lepille said. "Significant culinary for activities like this."

"Will this be... sour?" Totevia was curious,

"It will surprise your tongue," Lepille assured. "New for you, I understand, but welcomed, I firmly believe you will be in this family," she said. "I am in pride that my son found his woman."

"You are very kind, miss," Totevia thanked. "Could we cook fillet mignon after this?"

"You are welcome to," Lepille promised and they both felt warmth and glee.

"Honey!" Hwillfyrd interrupted. "Let Lepille do the cooking."

"Sorry, honey, I thought I could help her..." Totevia said.

"Just let her," Hwillfyrd stated firmly. "Why don't you wait by the tables?"

As Totevia left the two,

"Do you know her family? She's like me, we are of new classes," Hwillfyrd thoroughly spout to her.

"Forbidden, it doesn't mean to do the little things," Lepille brought another view.

"That is past us," Hwillfyrd spited.

"Your father would disagree, dear," Lepille calmed.

"You wouldn't know, Lepille, you haven't been with him for nineteen years!" Hwillfyrd spoke sharply to her.

"Come everyone! The table, you must," Doiana called everyone was relieved they can finally have the family dinner so soon.

"So quickly like thunder, those players can just hit the pong, it is like, they have the attention of a snake, Aunt Doiana," Eggsert described. "I mean, if I get those lessons, then I could totally get it above my head."

"That's great, Eggsert. But let's have dinner first, tell them of this, you may," Doiana welcomed.

"EVERYONE!" Uncle Asnerald called. "Get your arses in here, we're eating!" he said. "Why did it always have to be me!"

While they feast.

"My flight's at 12, make it quick," an uncle said.

"Leaving so soon?!" another uncle amused.

"Not your business," that uncle reminded.

"Who's mansion are we in today?" Asnerald reminded. "Mine—now eat!"

As they feast altogether.

"So, Hwillfyrd, you finally got some girl, do you?" Quck mentioned.

"Quiet, Quck!" Hwillfyrd defended. "Hey," he said to Quck's father. "You're his daddy, a real big arse, can't you just see how much Quck is!"