monday.

A notification ding shows up on your phone.

[ Tattoo appointment - 6 PM ]

Shit. You completely forgot about your tattoo.

You go through your text messages, finding the Instagram profile of Kai, who's supposed to tattoo you. You frown when you see a cancellation fee and that the cancellation should've been done two days before the appointment. Now, you have to mentally prepare yourself for getting your first tattoo.

The recommendations on your YouTube only show videos of 'how much does getting a tattoo hurt

The recommendations on your YouTube only show videos of 'how much does getting a tattoo hurt.' You know the pain that goes into a needle puncturing your skin. The question was, how high was your pain threshold?

When you walk into the shop, a bell chimes. It's in pristine condition, as one would expect from a tattoo parlor. You're greeted by a girl dressed in a black latex v-neck top. A sunray heart tattoo sits right on her chest.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Kai."

She clicks through her computer and beams a warm smile. "For ___?" You nod. "Is Jungkook coming too?" she asks.

"Oh no. I don't think so." Was he planning on getting something, too? You didn't think he'd show after everything went down.

"Kai is finishing up with a client, and he'll come get you when he's ready."

You flash a small smile, taking a seat in their lounge. You're picking at your nail beds and bouncing your leg. You're trying to focus on anything other than what will happen soon.

A light noise of whirring fills the room. You close your eyes, concentrating on your breathing. It's a small tattoo. There's nothing to be afraid of, you think.

A part of you wishes Jungkook was here to hold your hand like he said he would. It's dumb even to want him to be here. But after spending so much time with him this past week, you admit you miss him.

"I'm ready for you," Kai says.

You take a deep breath and follow him to his workspace.

"Nervous?" he asks.

"Yeah, it's my first tattoo."

"You'll do great. I know it," Kai smiles, sitting at his desk. He grabs his iPad. "Okay, what are we getting today?" Kai asks.

"Um, I turned 30 yesterday, so I wanted to get the birth flower for September," you say, showing him the inspiration photos.

"Ah, Happy Birthday," Kai grins. "Birth flowers are a great choice. Any idea where you want it and the size?"

"On the back of my neck, I don't want anything too big. Two to three inches."

"Oh–a woman who knows what she wants. There was no hesitation," Kai teases. "Cool–so, I'll sketch out a few options, and then we'll go from there. Sound good?"