PART 14 : Heart was right

Yuva's POV

I didn't had any courage to tell him about that incident which turned my whole life upside down.

As one's heart always teams up with emotions, mine also did the same.

"Of what?" He asked while his face showed curiousity.

"I hope I am not making you awkward" he asked with concern.

"You can never make me feel awkward, Prerit " I said as it was the truth. But still I couldn't rub the salt of courage on my wounds.

"Let's not open the old sore then" he spoke sensing my deliema.

I was fabulous at hiding my emotions but this guy, he could even see the hiding things.

I nodded, agreeing on the statement.

"As you know I belong to a politician's family. So, like on every festival or occasion we used to feed the poors.
Once, we were feeding them on the occasion of Diwali. Also, at that time the election season was going on"

He diverted the topic and was narrating me a part of his life. Wasn't it beautiful? That he shared his life's part with me. I nodded indicating him that I was listening to him and was focused. Even though I had no idea of what the ending would be it felt just like watching a movie.

"So, my father used to be the CM of Delhi. Most people loved the doings of my father and were already having their votes in favour of him. So, on that diwali like the custom I was checking the food early morning to approve it" His eyes dulled while saying those words.

I really wanted to have an idea of at what age he took responsibilities.

"What was your age back then ?" I asked, kneeling my mind infront of the curiosity.

"Almost 23" he replied.

Well, no doubt he was this mature and responsible.

"Thousands of people ate that food. Later, we found out that people started getting admitted to the hospitals and most, lost their lives." His voice was trembling while narrating.

The twist made me have a wierd feeling. I couldn't believe that his family was engaged in these kind of acts at some point.

"Because of the food ?" I asked

"Yes, because of the food" He confirmed.

My mouth formed an 'o' . Well not judging it at the beginning I chose to listen the whole story first.

"But it was checked by you right?" Another question came out of my mouth.

"It was that's why I blamed myself for years " his words pierced my heart.

I could relate to him. I could see the same pain in his eyes , the same one which resided in mine.

"My father was jailed for 2 years" His words made me confused. I didn't know how to react. Well, if in any case they were innocent it was the injustice.

"People who were till now sloganeering for his healthy and long life, sloganed for his death" A part of his eyes held agression but a part, held regret.

And that's how people and their perspective changed.

"And you know what, my dad was my idol. I used to look up at him and desired to be a politician just like him who considered people's welfare on top. When I got to know about it I was shocked , but sooner I accepted him as a criminal. It took a lot of efforts but I did. I started hating him. Like how could he do that? Those small children, seeing them struggling for breathe broke my heart. The pregnant ladies, the men who were the only support of their families and the oldies who wanted to have a look of their family members while dieing shattered me" He spoke while his gaze was lowered.