~ Chapter 1 | Late Morning Coffee ~

Monday. 8:25 AM

Peppermint adjusted his tie, looking in the bathroom mirror as he then smiled. He knew he was late to work, but he figured his boss wouldn't mind.
He then left the bathroom, heading towards the front door downstairs as he then got stopped by someone.

"Heya! You late to work I'm guessing?
Someone said. Ah, Astrid. She was smirking as she wore a black turtleneck sweater with no sleeves, along with light cyan shorts with a belt on. She seemed to be wearing knee high socks even.

"Yeah, I'm late.."
Peppermint said as he nervously laughed.

"Damn! You're never late to work."
Astrid said, seeming surprised.

"Well.. it's not that much of an important week, and my boss told me I can sleep in if I want."
Peppermint said, turning the handle on the door to open it.

"Makes sense. Well I won't stop you for doing that, just don't get in trouble or I might sue the place."
Astrid said, seeming confident.

"I would appreciate if you uh.. don't do that actually. Thanks, sis.."
Peppermint started sweating a little.

"Eh, it was worth a shot saying. Anyways, have a good day at work."
Astrid said, then walked off.

"Thanks, Astrid, love you!"
Peppermint said, closing the door.

"Love you too!"
Astrid yelled out.

~ \ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- / ~

Peppermint arrived at a small shop, ordering himself a cup of coffee. It was just a regular coffee but with some sugar.

He sat down at a small booth alone, opening up his phone and scrolling on Sinstagram.

Ding ding
The shops bell rung as the mostly meant they have a customer.

Peppermint who seemed curious, looked up from his phone.

Velvette?

Peppermint raised a brow, not expecting to see her here out of all people.

Velvette walked over and ordered herself a coffee even.
Her appearance seemed like one that Peppermint never saw. She had her hair down fully and she was wearing a dark blue turtleneck crop top with long sleeves, black shorts with magenta leggings even.
She turned once she was done ordering as her smiled turned to a surprised one.
She spotted Peppermint

Velvette then decided to walk over, her smile growing back.
"Heya, Peppers!"
She said, sitting across from him.

"Hi, Miss Velvette."
Peppermint said, smiling softly.

"Hm, I've never seen you before here. Aren't you supposed to be at work?"
Velvette raised a brow with a smirk on.

"Oh, uh.. yeah but this week isn't that important. Boss told me I can sleep in if I want."
Peppermint explained, averting his eyes.

"Huh? Vox told you that? He announced that today was supposed to be a busy week with everyone planning for a new project. Or at least.. that's what I heard before I came here."
Velvette told him, seeming confused now.