𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎
𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 . . .
    𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴. ▏ it all started with a feather

𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: mentions of character deaths, slight mentions of war, mentions of pregnancy, blood and gore ▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎

deaths, slight mentions of war, mentions
of pregnancy, blood and gore
▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎▔︎

As the sun sets and darkness descends, the forest becomes cloaked in an impenetrable veil of shadows. The gnarled branches of various ancient trees reach towards the sky like twisted figures, their silhouettes casting eerie shapes upon the forest floor. A thick mist hangs in the air, swirling and shifting with the slightest breeze. It obscures the path ahead, creating an otherworldly atmosphere that seems to blur the boundaries between reality and the realm of the supernatural. The forest that lays deep within the bayou is eerily silent, devoid of the usual sounds of nocturnal creatures. An oppressive stillness hangs heavy in the air, broken only by the occasional rustle of leaves or the distant hoot of an owl.

The forest floor is carpeted with tangled undergrowth, thick with thorns and brambles that seem to grasp at the ankles of unwary travelers. The roots of ancient trees snake across the ground like skeletal fingers, tripping up those who dare to tread upon them. Faint whispers drift through the trees, carried on the night breeze like echoes from the past. They speak of forgotten secrets and lost souls, haunting the forest with their sorrowful lamentations.

CORDELIA DARE's bright eyes, eyes that are a mesmerizing shade of dark blue and reminiscent of the deepest depths of the ocean, stared out at the imposing forest that was before her all. She was so unfamiliar with this forest that laid deep within the bayou of New Orleans. Cordelia's feet mechanically began to carry her thoughts out of the dark green canopies and around the maze-like structure of tall trees. Cordelia's body felt this strange instinctive pull that just kept tugging her deeper within. The pull was all consuming and overpowering.

Cordelia's cerulean blue eyes flicker around the forest frantically as a sense of dread starts to fill her gut. She feels a surge of anxiety floods her stomach. The strange sensation makes her stomach lurch painfully. The strange sense of anxiety and overwhelming fear only seems to intensify. Although, it doesn't quite feel like her own. Sure, she  can feel all of the intense emotions burning beneath her skin and twisting at her stomach, but it wasn't quite as strong as her own gut reactions.

It felt like a ghost of someone else.

A sort of phantom feeling that wasn't truly there.