Chapter 23

After I sent German home I decided to take a walk around in the park.

On my way I sat down to the bench and I was just thinking about things that happened and while I was doing that I saw German nearby with Raina again.

Even though I remember what did German say to me earlier today... I can't help feeing awful and replaced all the time when I see him with other woman...

- God... Why... - I sighed deeply.

- Because he's like this - I suddenly heard a familiar voice next to me and when I looked up I saw Esmeralda standing right next to me.

Shit! I hope she didn't recognize me...

- I've seen you with him a few times lately and I just want to tell you that you should keep your distance from him! He plays with everyone's feelings!

No, she definitely didn't recognized me.

Luckily.

- What... Do you mean by everyone?

- By everyone I mean all the woman he has been together with after his first wife died.

I sighed while she sat beside me.

- Believe me, I'm not lying - she said - Just look at him with that whore now! Ugh!

- I agree... Ugh...

- If you want to stay happy then avoid him - Esme said - Because he's a player.

Like if you wouldn't have played with his feelings before, you bitch.

- Anyway... My name's Esmeralda - she said - And you?

- Rose... My name's Rose - I replied.

- Nice to meet you, Rose... But now I need to leave - she said as she stood up - But I'm pretty sure I'll see you around.

And with that she luckily left my side.

But who knows... He never actually stayed with any woman for a long time... Not Jade, either me, or Esmeralda...

What if she's actually right and he's never really into a serious relationship?

Wait... What the hell am I saying?

Why do I want to listen to Esmeralda, the one the fooled everyone talking bad about German?! She was the one being a bitch!

Maybe German realized he can't trust her fully and that's why all the divorce happened!

Fuck Esmeralda and everyone else! I'm here for finishing a job and not to find love!

Just focus, Angie! Focus!

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon the time of the meeting has came and as Raina promised she came to pick me up which was already pretty weird...

I don't trust this, but I think I'm ready to protect myself if it's necessary!

Or not... I don't really know...

Anyway...

- Rosie? Feelin' alright? - Raina asked me while we were sitting in her car.

- Uh... Yes, I'm okay.

Even though she was the one asking me if I'm okay she didn't seem to care so I just sighed deeply.

----- TIME SKIP -----

And once again things started to get weird as we got to an old building...

- Are you going to have a meeting here? - I asked her.

- Yes. Just to be sure no one interrupts us - she replied as she headed right in and as I didn't know what else to do I followed her and the others inside...

But soon enough it came out that it was a huge mistake...