00-01

Sirius didn't expect to have a daughter. He didn't expect to have a child at all. But when Hayley told him that she was pregnant in their 7th year, he knew he had to step up.

Sirius was on the couch in the commons with James, Remus, and Peter when Hayley came up behind him, tapping his shoulder. He turned his head to look at her, giving his girlfriend a big smile. "Hayls, why don't you sit down, love." He grabbed her hand as he spoke, not noticing the spooked look on her face.

She shook her head at the offer, "No, thank you. Can we please talk in private, Sirius?"

The tone in her voice made him worried. He immediately rose to his feet, everyone looking at him with confusion. "I'll be back." was all he said before he made his way outside of the common room with her.

They finally got to a private place where she just blurted it out before he could get a word out. "I'm pregnant." She watched his face, attempting to gauge his reaction to her words.

His eyes widened and then he smiled a small bit, attempting not to laugh at what he thought was a joke. "That was a good one Hayls, but you're gonna have to try better than that to get me."

Her brows furrowed at this response. "No, Sirius. I'm not joking. I'm telling you the truth right now."

This made his smile drop. He was shocked. How could she be-

He already knew the answer to that. They had been dating for a year now.

"Oh. Okay. I'm going to be a father?" He looked at her, making sure this was real.

She held her stomach, nodding her head slowly.

A small smile erupted on his face. They were young, sure, but he was going to be a father. He was going to have a child in less than a year. "When? When will you have it?"

She smiled at his reaction. She didn't know how he would take it. "Pomfrey said I'm 7 weeks along. She predicts it will be around August 23th when it's born."

He nodded his head, thinking hard about how close that is. It will be born this year. In only 7 months. It's so soon. He had to start preparing, now.

~|{.....}|~

It was now August 20th, and Hayley McKinnon was going into labor. She was in Saint Mungo's hospital in the labor and delivery ward. And this was really happening now. Sirius was at the top of the bed next to her, holding her hand as she violently squeezed him. He winced at the pain from her squeeze but kept his hold, his other hand stroking her head trying to give his now fiancé support.

"Why did I let you do this to me, Black? Why, why why." She was muttering to herself as she felt hard contractions making her feel like she was dying. "I know baby, I'm so sorry. It will all be worth it when we have our little girl, I promise it will all be worth it." His head was pressed against the side of hers as she felt the pain ripping through her abdomen.

The doctor at her lower end looked up at the couple. "Okay Hayley, you're ready to start pushing, I can feel baby's head."

Hayley already knew this, he wasn't the only one that could feel the baby's head down there. She felt everything.

Hayley had a smooth delivery. Immediately she started to cry and was placed against Hayley's chest. She cried too as she held her baby girl. "Eleanor." She was able to mutter out with the pain of labor still upon her.

She looked up at Sirius as his hand was against the back of her head, supporting her as he smiled at their baby and her. He nodded his head, agreeing with the name. "Eleanor Marie."