Prologue

(A/n : Intro will be posted soon, 14+ rating)

Never in my life had I ever believed in true love.

The thought of the heart-wrenching, even painful experience to keep the person you thought was perfect for you, the thought of someone fitting another perfectly in every way-

It seemed impossible.

And I had believed it was impossible.

Even more so when I joined Slytherin in first year. There I was, an innocent, small girl with pigtails bouncing as I walked. Of course that was the girl that Pansy Parkinson had deemed her nemesis, the girl she decided to make life hell for. She couldn't stand the sight of my smile. So then she broke it.

It seemed joining Slytherin may as well have been the worst thing to happen to me. I wasn't pureblood either, I was half-blood. I was always subject to teasing and bullying, so made my first failed attempt at changing that as soon as I reached the age of fifteen.

I had my first boyfriend then. It might've been shocking to have my first at fifteen. But it was heaven for me at the time.

We spent nights outside, gazing at the stars and kissing. He was my other half then. That had been the closest I'd ever been to feeling true love. I might have even grazed the tip of it.

We would escape classes and have long talks at the astronomy tower as well, and he'd always surprise me with flowers or chocolates.

Pansy was never content with that. She lived on my pain, fed on my fury. She wanted to be the one thing that would keep me up at night. She wanted to be the cause of each tear falling down from my eyes.

And so she made it that way.

She had word passed ear to ear until it reached the entire school, and only then did I find out about it.

Only then did I find out that my boyfriend cheated on me from believing lies told by the one girl he was having an affair with. 

Pansy. The one and only.

She had ditched him after figuring out that he wasn't as into her burning red idea of love- he was more romantic.

He had left the school in pure humiliation, leaving me alone again. That was the period when I had lost everything.

My heart had shattered into a million puzzle pieces that didn't fit together, and my perception of "true love" was almost completely gone.

I had thought it was.

Who knew the boyfriend of my nemesis could turn things around? Who knew his cold heart and cruel eyes could make my stomach feel the butterflies fade back into reality?

Who knew Draco Malfoy could give me a spark of hope?

I had known him for almost seven years now, but only now I realize his eyes? The delicate curl of his lips? How his deep black suit complimented every feature?

I had no idea how it came to be, I just knew it had came to be.

I was falling, falling but not flying- yet. One response to the desperate beats my heart was striking in an almost painful rhythm could determine if I was falling or flying. 

It wasn't a normal crush. It wasn't the type where I could feel the pink hue spread across my cheeks and I'd burst into a fit of giggles. It was the desperation. It was the desperation that made my entire body ache at the plain mention of his name.

He didn't know the want that was building inside of me every second of the day. He only believed what his girlfriend- Pansy- had told him.

He believed I was a slut. A whore. A disgrace to the entire Slytherin name, a silly half-blood girl who never seemed to belong in any group at Hogwarts. Not the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, or even my own house.

He went perfectly with the blood type obsessed Slytherins, the stuck up rich students who belonged to a long lineage of wealth.

He would never go for someone like me- I knew that far too well. But did my delicate heart give up? It was desperate for a way to heal, a way to get over the pain and humiliation my past brought me. It wanted something new, a new chapter of my life, and I hated myself for wanting that.

I hated myself for wanting something so out of reach. I could have gone for a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw, even another Slytherin who was lower on social status to be interested in.

But my heart chose a star I knew I couldn't reach, and I...

Was reaching for it anyways.