Chapter Six

~~Ansleys POV~~

I woke up to something bright shining in my face. I opened my eyes to see two guys standing over me.

My back and left leg were killing me. Sharp pains were going threw my entire body causing me to lie still.

"Am I-I OK? " I asked with a scratchy voice.

"Your left ankle is fractured and you've bruised your back real bad but other than that you should be fine." The man to me before they both left the room.

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard muffled scream going down the hall.

I sat up ignoring the pain in my back and slowly tossed my right leg over the side of the bed. I tossed my left leg over the side and saw a boot ( the kind you can easily take off) on my leg. I glanced up to see some crutches sitting next to the bed.

I grabbed the crutches and quickly hobbled out of the room. I followed the sound of the yelling.

I came arpund the corner and came face-to-face with Glenn.

~~Glenn's POV~~

Well let's just say the whole camp flipped upside down when we got back.

We pulled up, families hugged. I looked at Lori and Carl frowned and shook my head. Carl started crying and hugged Lori.

"We would have never made it back if it wasn't for the new guy. He saved our butts." Morals spoke to the groups.

I looked around for Rick and just as he stepped out Lori's face turned white. Carl picked up his head just enough to see the guy. Shane had covered his smile with his hand and was pacing in a circle pointing at him. Carl took off running and yelled "dad!" before latching onto Rick.

Rick hugged both Lori and Carl while the group watched with huge smiles on their faces.

After hugging for a few minutes I heard Rick ask them if they had talked to Ansley before any of this happened.

Tears started rolling down Carl's face while Lori's lip quivered. Right as she went to tell Rick the bad news, Gracie started crying. Lori jumped up and ran to the small baby and scooped her up into her arms.

Rick walked over to the two and looked at the child in her arms. She held the baby out to Rick, and started to cry harder as she clung onto the baby.

"She left to help out on the supply run you just came back from...." She spoke barely over a whisper. "This is Gracie, she's.... Our granddaughter..."

He took her from Lori and cuddled the baby while it appeared that his eyes were full of tears.

"When Dixon gets back I'm going back. I have to find her. We should have never split up. Even Merle doesn't deserve to die that way." I spoke causing everyone to look at me.

- A few hours later-

I was packing a bag with a few things to take when I go back to Atlanta.

"I dropped a bag when I got surrounded. It was filled with guns. When we go back we can get it." Rick spoke while I zipped the bag up.

" I dropped the key I'm going back." T-Dog spoke loudly looking over at the two of us.

I nodded my head just as we all heard Sofia and Carl scream. I grabbed the baseball bat that was sitting next to me and ran toward where the sound came from.

I slowed down when I saw the kids running towards us. When Lori  got to the kids I ran to catch up with the others.

A geek was chewing on a deer with arrows sticking out of it's end.

We all took a swing at the thing before its head got cut off, making Amy and Andrea leave.

Twigs snapped causing us to raise our weapons.

Daryl walked out of the woods pissed that the walker got his deer.

When he was walking back to camp he yelled for Merle  to come help him skin the squirrels he got.

Rick explained what happened and who he was before Daryl swung at him. Daryl pulled out a knife and that was when I yelled.

" I'm going back! You can come with me or not. We have to find Ansley and we can get Merle and the bag full of guns."

As the four of us piled into the van Rick was stopped by Shane who gave him four bullets.

Have to say the quietest and most awkward car ride ever.