𝟢𝟢𝟢 , 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗋𝗄

𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐋      /      𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗓𝖾𝗋𝗈❛what's your favorite scary movie?❜

❛what's your favorite scary movie?❜

HADLEY MURPHY was tired of running. She was tired of acting as if she had something to run from. There was nothing left for her to be scared of. After all, what could be scarier than your father being serial killer?

She never imagined fleeing Woodsboro. She'd lived there her whole life, but when her grandparents got one glimpse of a new Ghostface, they fled with their tails between their legs.

But, that was a year ago. Now, she's eighteen and on her way to New York, the place where she'd finally find a place for her in this world.

Blackmore University was supposed to have it all. It was supposed to be the void Hadley had in her heart after she'd nearly lost it all. She left her past behind and burried it six feet under. She didn't need it anymore and it didn't matter. She could finally start new.

And that she had.

She'd met Tara Carpenter during the first week of classes and for once, she didn't need to pretend. Despite being from Woodsboro, Tara didn't know her. Not really. And Tara didn't see through the mask Hadley had on and she didn't ask questions. To her, Hadley Murphy was just... well, Hadley Murphy.

Hadley and Tare grew to be close friends and eventually the black-haired girl would go on to introduce her to her own group of friends. From her sister, Samantha, to the Meeks-Matin siblings, where she was later introduced to Ethan Landry.

Hadley remembered meeting Ethan as clear as day. Tara had invited Hadley to a quaint get together the group was having at Chad and Ethan's dorm. Hadley remembered being so nervous her hands were shaking. She felt nauseous and her walls were put up high.

Hadley remembered waving to everyone shyly, hoping and praying nobody truly knew her. Much to her relief, they didn't and welcomed her with open arms.

Hadley taken the only seat left beside Ethan, and he introduced himself almost immediately. Hadley remembered him being soft and quiet, almost too afraid to speak to her. Hadley was just as gentle back.

And from that day, the two had been inseparable.

They were practically attached at the hip and always did everything together. Hadley was one of the few girls Ethan wasn't scared to talk to, although she didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult. Either way, they were each other's best friends within weeks.

Although, Hadley would have been lying if she said hadn't thought of him in a more romantic way.

She'd never been in love. She'd never really gotten close to it. She'd had a few boys in Woodsboro she'd liked, but she'd never been involved with any of them. And after everything linked to her family name, she knew not to trust anyone.

But she trusted Ethan. And she fell for him.

Hard.

With him, her walls weren't up and she didn't need to pretend to be anyone else. She could be herself around him.

Or so she thought. Because it would appear the only reason Ethan payed any attention to Hadley was for the name she thought she had finally escaped.