CH85

Chapter 85 – Working

While these people were beginning to consider the situation of their loved ones, the people of the Big Bear Tribe had all gathered together and begun to eat meat.

Xiong Ye had been busy with bringing the people that had been driven out of the Giant Tiger Tribe back and settling them in, so he hadn't had time to go out hunting that day. However, Zhu Zhan and the others had gone back out to hunt later that day, so there was still meat to eat that night.

The good meat and viscera, as well as large, high quality earth eggs were distributed amongst the people of the Big Bear Tribe. As for the people who had just arrived... The priest had told people to cut off the rotten parts of the bad earth eggs and cook them with the bones and other viscera that nobody liked to eat in order to feed them.

Those things didn't look very good, but the people of the gathering team in the Big Bear Tribe had only been able to eat this kind of food in the past as well.

These people naturally wouldn't disdain such food. On the contrary, they were very moved––they hadn't expected the Big Bear Tribe to actually give them two meals to eat in a day!

They wolfed down the earth eggs and dinosaur viscera and felt that it was incredibly tasty.

But then, they smelled a very mouthwatering fragrance...

Zhou Ji hadn't used chili peppers to cook today, but he was stir frying things with the sugar he had made for himself and was making red braised meat.

The meat he used was the tenderest portion of that day's prey, and the sugar had been made from sweet cane. In addition, he had also used some spices for flavour.

Using a stone pot to fry vegetables was a bit slow, but as long as he had patience, it was still pretty good when it came to making red braised meat. Zhou Ji slowly heated up the sugar and then braised the meat for a long time, and by the time the lid of the pot was lifted up, a very appetizing scent drifted through the air.

Beastmen's sense of smell were generally very good, so basically everyone present could smell this fragrance. They all looked towards Zhou Ji.

The people of the Big Bear Tribe began to get cravings and couldn't help but drool, "What is Zhou Ji making today?"

"Isn't he cooking meat? How come the meat he's boiling smells so good?"

"It smells so delicious!"

......

The slaves worshipped the Beast God's messenger even more.

He really lived up to the name of being the Beast God's messenger, even the things he ate were different––they've never had food that smelled so fragrant!

Almost everyone could only stare wistfully at the food, but it wasn't the same for the priest. The priest held a bowl in one hand and lifted his dragging robes with the other as he ran over to Zhou Ji's side, drooling as he stared at the meat, "This meat smells very fragrant, let me try it!"

Zhou Ji picked up a piece of meat and placed it into the priest's bowl.

The priest ate it in one bite.

Zhou Ji asked, "Is it good? Is it too salty? Does it need to be cooked further?"

The priest replied, "Tastes good. The level of saltiness is just right. The meat is already very soft and doesn't need to be cooked anymore."

"That's good." Zhou Ji turned towards Xiong Ye, "It's ready to eat." He didn't like this type of dinosaur meat and didn't want to eat it, so he had the priest try it in his stead.