Chap. One

"Would you please shut the ever-loving hell up and let me do my job?" I groaned with the pent-up frustration of an old woman a single day away from retirement. My sky blue hair was thrown up into a messy ponytail as I reloaded my shotgun, its magazine filled with pure Ice energy that begged to freeze its targets to their very cores. A sapphire eye squeezed shut as I made sure that all of the gun parts were in working order.

"But- but the Fragmentum monsters wiped out the rest of my bodyguards! What can a girl like you do to stop them?!" a skinny ass bispectacled nerd stammered nervously, cowering behind me despite his doubtful words.

"But- but- but I don't give a hair on Nanook's bleeding chest. Now, if you don't particularly feel like dying today, I do suggest hiding in that shipping box over there. Otherwise, by all means, aggro all the monsters with your senseless whining," I spat as I peered over the wall we were hiding behind, silently counting the Fragmentum monsters milling about. Eight. Not too shabby, I mentally commented as I grabbed a pair of visor glasses from where they were hooked on the neck of my sleeveless turtleneck, flicking them open as I clicked a button on the side to activate their heat vision. Putting them on, my vision was reduced to a gray landscape occasionally peppered by large blobs of red and orange.

Snorting as my employer was all-too-eager to obey my words and scramble into the indicated shipping box, I unhooked a Wind grenade from my belt and pulled the pin out with my teeth. Five - Slapping a terminal with an open palm, I activated a mail drone and keyed in my employer's destination - four - leaving his life in the hands of technology as I charged my gun with an enhanced shot. Three - Ignoring his yelps as the drone effortlessly lifted the box into the air - two - I tossed the grenade towards the group of Fragmentum monsters - one - and aimed my gun towards the arcing bomb. With a casual pull of the trigger, the Ice and Wind combined in an explosive cloud of frosty mist, sending the monsters into a confused frenzy. I kept low to the ground as I sprinted into the fray, using my thumb to flick small button-like devices into the cardinal and ordinal directions. They created an octogram around the Fragmentum monsters, setting up the prelude of a rather stunning curtain call. Clicking my right heel against my left, I activated the antigravity soles as I crouched, holding a device similar to the ones I had thrown earlier between the fingers of my black half-palm gloves.

"Show's over," I taunted, backflipping high into the air as I pressed down on the button, the octagon of devices activating in a net of Lightning strings that converged towards the one in my hand. I pulled it up along with me, drawing the edges closed as the Fragmentum monsters were forced together. Deactivating the antigravity and falling towards the ground, I braced my feet on the concrete as I began to swing the monster bag in circles like a lasso. Building momentum, I slammed it into the floor with a great crash, the last of the monsters that somehow managed to survive everything else disintegrating into ashes.

"Damn. Really pays to hit the gym every so often," I chuckled to no one in particular, dusting off my hands. "Speaking of pay, I can finally treat myself to that one ridiculously overpriced crepe place-"

Splatter.

"Oh. Well, that's just plain rude," I complained as I turned my head backwards, side-eying the Fragmentum humanoid that had its axe buried in the concrete... my severed arm rolling a few feet away with a trail of crimson blood marking its path. I contemplated the rogue limb for a few seconds, then shrugged as it began to float in midair. The blood connecting it to my torso rose along with it, forming a thin rope running between me and my arm. The pure confusion radiating from the soldier's frosty blue armor dragged a short burst of laughter from my lips. "Never seen a Blue Rose vampire before? I don't blame you; most of us are dead, after all," I casually chatted as the soldier finally pulled his axe free and stumbled a few steps away from me. "I,  personally, don't really like to use our trademark moves - I get way too hungry afterwards - but I might as well."