{01} The Heartbreak

-------------------------------------------------------

The Alarm rang, and I groaned trying to find it, still keeping my eyes closed

The Alarm rang, and I groaned trying to find it, still keeping my eyes closed. I sighed heavily, opening my eyes to find it was still dark outside. Like usual I couldn't get enough sleep. I got up sitting on my bed and rubbing my eyes while yawning. The mirror reflects my reflection, my hair looks like a bird's nest, and I have dark circles underneath my eyes. My lips were pale and I looked like I was going to be sick. I got off the bed, heading to the bathroom to freshen up, I sighed again turning on the shower, before putting the toothpaste in my mouth, I quickly brushed my teeth, and stepped into the shower.

I wore baggy jeans with a white suit on top, brushed my hair and put it in a loose bun. I put on a light earring, putting a small bundle of bracelets on my left hand. I packed my laptop and files, and I put my phone in my doctor's coat, making sure to check that it also contained pens. I am a surgeon, which is the reason I don't get enough sleep, and another reason is my family. I have to cook breakfast and lunch for them, while they eat dinner made by my mother. I put ointment on my wound which is in the middle of my arm, it was a gift from my sister. I accidentally dropped water on her. I shook off the unwanted memories. I looked at the small clock placed on the side table of my bed, the time of 6 a.m., it took me an hour to get ready.

I made my way outside my room, to see there wasn't a single light, I scoffed. Why would there be? it was only my job to wake up early; not theirs. I shouldn't be thinking like that, and scoffing, if they hear me, I will be dead. I turned on the light and started cleaning the house first. After an hour, I washed my hands and opened the fridge to make lunch and breakfast. For breakfast, I decided to make aloo ke paratha. I put the potato in the pressure cooker leaving it to boil while I cut the vegetables for lunch, I decide to make rice with some curry, I put the rice on the stove, and start to make the curry, after 20 minutes of making the curry, I start mashing the potato and putting the ingredients and finally making a flour dough.

I started putting the breakfast on the table, and as I cleaned the kitchen, the lunch was already packed for my dad and sister, since it was not enough I couldn't pack some for myself. A few minutes after I was finished, everyone started to come out of their room. I lowered my gaze, as I nervously walked to the dining table, holding a jug and some yoghurt with me. I noticed my sister and my mum and dad sitting at the dining table, my sister looked like she had just woken up, while my mother and father were already freshened up judging from their state. I quickly served them breakfast. As soon as I reached to serve my sister the Parathas, she picked up the plate and threw it on the ground making it shatter and the paratha was lying on the floor. I flinched hard at her action.

"What is this shit?" she yelled. "You know I don't eat unhealthy in the morning," she yelled, banging the table with her fist. My parents didn't even react, it was normal for them, and they continued eating.

"serve her something else," my mother Padma Khanna said. I nodded and started to pick up the plate, a piece cutting my finger. I continued picking the small pieces as I hurried cleaning the place and making my sister a sandwich. I served her as she started eating, still glaring at me. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was already 8 o'clock. I hurried to my room before picking my things up, I noticed my parents were finished with their breakfast, so I quickly picked up all the plates and put them into the dishwasher.