Mission 1

The silence in the chamber stretched on for what felt like an eternity. The servants stationed around the room, Atlas and the guards who came along with the woman all stood there with their mouths agape, their eyes wide and unblinking, as if they have been carved from wood. The air in the chamber felt heavy, charged with tension.

No way did that just happen.

The king recoiled, stunned. The warmth of her spit on his skin was the only thing that felt real in that moment.

"How dare you touch me! I am no one's prize to be won!" She shouted.

Her eyes blazed with fury, and her features contorted with disgust. He had expected anger, certainly, but not this. Not this raw, unadulterated hatred. His heart sank as he wiped the spittle away, feeling a mixture of anger and disappointment welling up inside him.

"You're insane!" She continued. "What? Did you expect something else? That I would be touched by your feelings? That I would just fall at your feet and be yours? After all that you've done?" 

The woman's words struck deep, cutting through the King's pride like a blade. He wanted to argue, to defend himself, but he found that he couldn't.

"I meant no harm." He said, looking away from her unable to meet her gaze for some reason.

"No harm?" she repeated, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "You kidnapped me from my homeland, brought me here against my will, and now you expect me to believe that you meant no harm?"

She paused for a moment, her breath catching in her throat. "You don't know anything about me," she continued, her voice growing firmer. "You don't know the life I've led, the people I've lost, the sacrifices I've made. You're nothing but a selfish, power-hungry monster who thinks he can bend the world to his will."

Everyone in the room exchanged glances, unsure of how to react. Feeling extremely anxious, their faces turned pale.

Nobody has ever dared to speak to the king in such manner. Nobody has ever shouted at him or looked at him the wrong way. Nobody has even had the chance to get to that point. They were instantly killed.

She stepped back, her eyes narrowing. "And even if you did mean no harm," she said, her voice growing colder, "that doesn't change anything. I will not be your pawn, your plaything. I will not be used as a tool to satisfy your sick desires!"

She spun on her heel, ready to storm away from him. But before she could take more than a few steps, he grabbed her wrist, his grip tight and unyielding. She tried to set her arm free, but to no avail.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with," he growled, his eyes burning into hers. "I will not let you go so easily. Not when you hold the key to everything I've ever wanted."

"Let go of me," she demanded, trying to pull away again. He didn't budge. "I will not be your slave," she hissed, her voice trembling with anger.

"You are not my slave," he growled back, his eyes boring into hers. "You are my equal!" He paused, seeming to gather his thoughts. "Look around you," he said, gesturing to the opulent surroundings. "This is what we could have together. We could rule this world, together. But first," he added, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper, "you must trust me."  

She stared at him in disbelief. "You're truly crazy."

"Perhaps," he conceded. "But that's all because of you. That's why I can't let you go." 

The king glanced over at his advisor. "Take her to her room." he commanded, letting her hand go. Atlas nodded and gestured for her to follow. She didn't move. He sighed and took her roughly by the arms, signaling to the guards for help.

"Stop!" She shouted, as they started to overpower her. "I said stop!"

As they pulled her down the long, winding hallways, she struggled against their grip, trying to regain her freedom. But with each step, the air grew colder, more oppressive. She knew she was helpless against them.

Finally, they reached a set of ornate double doors, which Atlas swung open with a flourish. Inside was a lavish bedroom, adorned with rich tapestries and expensive furniture.

There was a large four-poster bed in the center of the room, its silk sheets and down comforter inviting despite the chill in the air. A fireplace crackled softly in one corner, adding a warm glow to the room.

She was pushed inside and the doors were closed behind her with a click. "This is your room," Atlas said behind the door. "It is well-appointed and comfortable. I suggest you make yourself at home."

There was a sneer in his voice, as if he found the idea of her having any sort of comfort or control here absurd. With that, he left her, ordering the guards to be stationed outside.

The woman let out a heavy sigh, letting her face muscles relax. Her lips slowly formed into a smirk. "Mission 1 accomplished."

___________________________________

*hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the story so far. It's my first time so please excuse any plot holes or bad writing :,)* *Im also open for any critique or suggestions so feel free to hit me up* ❤️ PS: The names of the main characters are going to come up don't worry guys.