Chapter 4

Je'Sean and Andrew got there a little later since Andrew had to pick him up and come. After we all met up inside the club, we lost Maleia. Where the hell did she go!? What the hell is going on!? Je'Sean seemed to be the only one to know what was going on.

That's when I made it official that something is wrong. Whenever there's something wrong or up with Mali, she would always tell Hetal, me, or Val first. But seeing as Je'Sean knew something made me shaky. I really hope everything's okay.

Val and I made a run for the bar. That was our happy place. Where we could just sit, relax, and forget about everything. Hetal and Andrew went out into the crowd and joined the open dance floor while Je'Sean went to hit on random girls like every other time.

"Kade, what's up? You seem..... At this point I don't even know. You seem....touchy." Val broke into my barrier I held up for so long,I mean, obviously, she knew me so well. But still.

"Huh? Touchy? I dont know what you mean..." I tried to say.

"Kaden. I'm not blind, nor am I deaf. I can see how your acting, but if you don't wanna be open, its fine. Just know we're all here." She said as she took another swig of her mamosa. "For each other." She finished.

"Ya. I know. Listen, I'll be back okay?" I finished my bottle of beer and started to wander into the moving crowd. It was as if they were all charged up for this, one, moment. I could feel Valency's eyes searing into my back, at this point I didn't even want to look back. I came here looking for a way, any way to get my mind off of things. I guess that won't-----

Right then, I saw Mali crying into Je'Sean's shoulder. I stood there, my eyes transfixed on that sight and my legs glued to the dance floor. So many questions ran through my head. It hadn't even been an hour since we were here, what happened!!??

Ugghh. More drama. I thought as i finally picked up my feet and walked over to my two friends.

"Guys!" I said as I touched Je's shoulder, "what happened?"

Mali was sniffling, giving short glances behind her shoulder. This time, I looked back towards where her eyes were and saw what she was seeing. There was a guy there. Asian, almond shaped, silver eyes, silver hair, sunkissed skin, and piercings all through his left ear. I had absolutely no fucking clue who that kid was. He seemed about 20, maybe older. All I knew was that he messed with Mali and that he was walking over to where we were standing.

"This." I heard Je say right when the Asian kid walked up to us. If he heard Je, then he didn't show it.

I was about to say something to the kid in front of me when I felt Mali's hand tug at my elbow, trying to pull me away with her. As I was about to tell her not to go, the Asian kid beat me to it. He pulled at her hand, rather harshly.

"Babe, listen to me, I'm sorry okay? I was dumb to call you out here and then----" he started. Too slowly if you asked me because then I heard a hard strike, which I found to be Maleia's hand slapping him across the face. Damn. A lot happened in the past two minutes.

The crowd around us was still moving to the beat of the song. It looked as if they had no care in the world, and at this moment i wished hardly that that was me. Not needing to worry about anything. For at least a couple hours. A few eyes did flick past us when they heard the strike, but not many, and the ones that did returned to their dancing as quickly as they looked.

"Guys! Come on!" Mali said as she turned on her feet. This was definitely a first. She was the one to usually follow one of us. Mali was almost never bossy or in charge. As we walked, Mali kept turning her neck to see if he was following us, but he stayed put, cowardice and hatred in his eyes.

Now I knew why we came here in the first place.

"Dont mention this to anyone! Got it!?" Maleia said through clenched teeth. We met up at the bar with Val and asked where the two love birds were, trying to hide what just happened. I highly doubted they were even in the crowd.

"Probably out on the balcony having a make out session."
"Like always. " Val and Je'Sean said.

I heard Maleia say to the bartender, "Four bourbon". At this, both mine and Val's face lit up. Both of our favorite drinks were bourbons. We only had them in dire situations though. I guess you could call this dire. Either way we got four cups of bourbon and I saw Mali flinch after she took the whole cup by a swig and finished it. Damn.

"Vodka" i heard her say next.

"Je, remember when Mali used to say all this shit about how she would never drink, and how bad it is and stuff? Now look at who's doing what. " I said, trying to bring a smile to everyone's face. Well, my mission was accomplished when Mali broke out into laughter and said that we should all go home. It was only around 1:30 am, but it was still a Thursday. We had school and none of us should be hungover.

In about 20 minutes, we found Hetal and Andrew on the balcony, doing what we thought they were, and said bye to the guys, and left to go back to Hetal's house without being caught. Thankfully, that might not happen because all the kids in her house were younger then ten and Mr. and Mrs. S would be asleep by 12. We had all this down to a science.

By the time we got home, all the lights were off on the first floor and we had to climb to Hetal's room on the second floor through the fence. I was the first to get up top, and the first thing I saw was Hetal's light on.

SHIT!
I told the other girls about the light and we stayed on the balcony to her room for like 10 minutes. I was over it. Without saying anything, I slowly opened the doors to see Ms. Sinclair laying on Hetal's bed. She was awake, laying on her side so she was facing us.

"Hello girls!" She said. I could tell she was up for a while. The new weariness in her eyes was added to the stress of having five kids. As she feigned a smile, I could see the crinkles in her eyes deepening, like my mom was after the divorce files. Sometimes I felt really bad for parents.

"Mom! Shit. I'm sorry I can explain! I really can! Just give me the chance!" Hetal whined.

"Hetal, this is the first time I've seen you guys doing this, but i dont know where you guys were, if you tell me where you went in those skanky looking clothes than I'll think about if I should tell your father and the rest of your parents."

Val piped up then, "We were at Je'Sean's house, Ms. Sinclair. He had a party since his parents are in London."

"Since when were you out?"

"12. "

"This is the first, and last time that I should see you all doing this. Hetal I need to speak to you." She said and walked out, Hetal trailing right behind her.

"Ohmyfuckinggod! Guys i am sso sorry!! This is all my fault! " Mali said.

As we started to cheer her up and tell her it wasn't her fault, Hetal walked back in, looking weirdly triumphant.

"Mom was cool with it. I reminded her of all the shit she did as a kid and she promised not to tell. But she did say that if she saw us doing this again she wouldn't hesitate to do something."

"Hetal, we are never. Ever doing this again." Val said.

"At least not in your house." I replied, in all seriousness.

"At least!? What does that mean? Aren't you annoyed that someone actually found out!?" Asked Val. Leave it to her to ruin the moment.

"What!?" I said as I dropped my hands between my knees. "We need some breaks once in a while!"

"I'm down with Kade, but not. Ever. Again! In my house. Understand? My moms cool but she won't let that much slip." Hetal said.

"Yeah, I'm done for today, lets change guys. " Maleia said as she slumped her way into the bathroom.