━━━━━ 𝟭 • 𝟮

— 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓮 —

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷.𝟸
ʙᴏᴏᴋ 𝟷ᴀʀᴄ 𝟷
𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖇𝖞𝖚𝖑 𝕬𝖗𝖈

     “.. save thee, so until thy faithful day of destruction, raise thy glass of blood for all.” A soft but firm voice could be heard, one that is familiar from a past memory.

     ‘— wait.. brother Ijekeil? It seems to be his voice if I can recall.’

     “Goodness. You've already memorized up to chapter 12, verse 41 of the Sycansian Bible? I heard you typically need to be fifteen years old before learning that far. You're incredible.” Another voice, however this one is unfamiliar.

     ‘Who is that-?’

     Walking in the hallway a bit more, she found a familiar door. ‘Isn't that- !!’ Before she could process, her small hand had knocked on the door twice— doing it without her knowledge.

     “Big brother.”

     ‘First, my hand moves on its own. Then, my mouth spoke, with a voice that is much like that of a child. What is happening?!’

     “Is that your sister?” A low, almost un-heardable voice from before, came from inside the room.

     “Big brother, may I come in?” Her mouth moved and said again.

     The little girl had a woeful expression behind the door. Crystalized eyes slightly growled a blue hue as her negative emotions had slowly got to her.

     “Wait just a minute. I'll come out.” A male voice, belonging to a child, said rather quickly, hinting a bit of panic, but was covered due to his quick answer.

     “Wait here for a second please.” A whisper came from behind the door she was facing. But this time it belonged to the ‘big brother' she called a minute ago.

     A moment passed as the door slightly opened, revealing a boy she clearly remembered only in childhood— He had soft, straight platinum white colored hair and big, child-like droopy golden eyes. But his eyes that are usually shown to be calm and serene, were rather widened a bit.

     ‘.. brother…’ she kept glancing as a realization came through her. ‘Wait- is this a memory.. of the past, before brother leaves to study.’

     “What is it?” The young boy asked. His tone was soft, but his real expression was hidden by a facade— one that Jennette had distinguished faintly.