Chapter no.1

The air hung heavy with anticipation as the five friends, Ayesha, Adiba, Sarika, Arshin, and Sonali, gathered in their classroom on the first day of 9th grade. The excitement of being back together after the summer break filled the room, but underneath it all lurked a sense of unease.

As they chatted about their summer adventures, Arshin reminisced about the joyous celebrations of Eid at her uncle's house, while Sonali shared stories of her birthday coinciding with the festive day. Sarika animatedly described her trip to Rajasthan, where she indulged in the cultural festivities and adorned her hands with intricate mehendi designs.

However, amidst the cheerful banter, Ayesha and Adiba couldn't shake off a feeling of something being off. Adiba's voice broke the lively atmosphere, "Don't you all find it strange? It's too quiet here, and there's this eerie feeling in the air."

Ayesha nodded in agreement, her eyes scanning the empty corridors visible through the classroom window. "Yeah, it's like everyone's disappeared or something."

Sarika frowned, glancing around nervously. "Now that you mention it, it does feel unusually quiet for the first day back."

Arshin shrugged, trying to brush off the unease. "Maybe it's just our imagination playing tricks on us. It's a new school year, after all."

Sonali, usually the voice of reason, added hesitantly, "I don't know, guys. It's not just the quietness. Did anyone notice the way some of the teachers looked at us? It was like they knew something we didn't."

Adiba's eyes widened, her mind racing with possibilities. "What if there's something going on in this school that we're not aware of? Something... sinister."

Ayesha's heart skipped a beat at the word 'sinister.' She glanced at the clock, realizing it was almost time for the next period. "Let's keep an eye out and see if anything else feels off. Maybe it's nothing, but it's better to be cautious."

With a shared sense of unease lingering in the air, the friends gathered their belongings and prepared their books for the next period, their minds buzzing with unanswered questions and a growing sense of dread about what the school year might hold. Little did they know, their innocent curiosity would soon lead them down a path of chilling discoveries and terrifying encounters.