seven: paul revere

CW: Smut, discussions of sex trafficking, discussions of trauma, discussions of drug use, car accidents, and alcohol abuse

Please remember to vote and comment!

SLOANE

TEN YEARS AGO

TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, NEW MEXICO

"What's your name?" Clint asks as I wolf down my third burger.

Everything is that much more intense on my tastebuds. All they fed us was porridge and moldy bread.

"They called me Michelle," I tell him.

"What's your real name?" The redhead, Natasha, beside him asks, her voice low and husky.

I still don't trust these people, but they gave me new clothes and Natasha helped me clean up in a gas station bathroom. They haven't raped or killed me yet, but there's still time. I've been living like a prisoner for years now, so I'm highly suspicious of people who want to "save me."

It's what some of the men told me they wanted to do.

While they were raping me.

I don't fucking trust anyone anymore.

I glare at her and she leans over the table, her hands wrapped around a mug of steaming black coffee. It was hard to stop looking at her in the car ride to the diner. She's captivating, with plush lips and beautiful eyes. She's in a black tank top and a pair of black jeans. Compared to her, I must look like a rabid animal wolfing down my food.

"You can trust us."

I take a big bite out of my burger and chew it slowly, onions and lettuce crunching in my mouth while the juice from the patty drips down my chin. I don't really want to talk, I just want to eat until I throw up.

"Leanne."

Natasha nods.

"Last name?"

"Wagner."

"Where are your parents?" Clint asks.

I huff a laugh.

"Hopefully dead," I whisper.

I hold no affection for my mother or my father. They're the people who got me into this mess. They didn't care what happened to their daughter. All they saw was profit so that they could keep sticking a needle into their veins.

"Fair enough," Clint replies with a nod. "Do you know where you were taken from?"

"Tuscon, Arizona. Daddy had a trailer. I don't know if it's still there." I stare at them. "You're not gonna rape me, are you?"

"No," Natasha whispers. "Clint and I help people."

"What about the other girls?"

They only took me. Some people in black vans showed up to take the others.