In the glass labyrinth, I am the mouse.

Through a rather cyberpunk-ish city, infecteds city to be more precise, he was hanging out in the arcade with split as the two tried to beat each other in the dance pad game, with split getting more points thanks to her biology of having two extra legs, which infected found unfair.

As infected took a break to go to the bathroom, he approached the sink with the mirror in front of him, and as he was washing his face, he looked up to face himself in the mirror, seeing that something was off.

The bathroom.

It..changed?

The mirror was cracked with vines and the stone around him looked deteriorated. Almost like too much time has passed...

Infected was rather scared from the sudden change of the scenery, his body and face and everything was still the same, but the environment just..changed like that. He gulped and slowly got out, trying to figure out what's happening.

The arcade was abandoned and run down as well, the vines and bugs crept the place and claimed it back, the nature and mold growing from the carpet stuck on infecteds shoes like a pair of sticky gum, his face contorted with more confusion and disgust, as well as panic as he rushed out he broken down glass doors and looked around.

The entire city. Everything. Broken down and oldened with time. The buildings and sky scrappers now nothing more than big intense rubble on the ground. It seemed like something happened here years ago, leaving the streets empty and cracked with vegetation sprouting and coating the area, invading everything that made this city home for infected.

He felt a sense of dread fill him as he ran around the block, calling out for people, crying out for split, his father, lampert, pilby, anyone.

But no one answered his call and pleas of desperation.

He eventually collapsed near his home. His apartment, he crawled quickly through the stairs seeing as the elevator was defunct, he entered his room and saw the place emptied. Like, COMPLETELY a emptied, no furniture or posters, just empty walls and scratch marks everywhere.

...

Infected stumbled out of the apartment complex with tears down his eyes, he couldn't believe it, where was he? Was this REALLY his world? What's even going on?!?

Then..he remembered his only hope.

The regretevator.

He ran around trying to find the correct location as his familiarity of the streets got swollen up with the vegetation and greens, and cracks and rubble.

And soon he found out.

But something was wrong.

The elevator was supposed to be neatly shut, ready to use.

Not caved in with a large rubble.

...

Infecte collapsed and started to sob, he was so confused and scared it's breaking him slowly, all before he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Infected?"

He turned around and could see a the voice beholder, mannequin_mark.

But something was different about him.

His limbs seemed to be sawed off and rebuild in, a pair of unfinished legs dangled off of him as he dragged himself through the dirt, his face smudged and stained with his hat cracked leaning in to cover most of his face, his voice croaky.

Infected jolted back "M4RK??"

mark smiled, his teeth seemingly crooked and missing slightly. "Infected! Been a while huh?"

"..wh4t d0 yu0 m34n 1tz b33n 4 wh1l3?"

"Don't ya remember? From 10 years ago?"

10 years...

"W....wh4t...?"

...

Infected managed to hold the fragile and old mark in his hands as the two walked through the underground port, turns out, there was indeed a backup way to reach the others's worlds without the elevator, but it took a shit ton of walking.

"S0...wh4t h4pp3n3d s1nc3 1 w4s...g0n3?"

"Good question! A lot actually!" He coughed "like...too much if ya know..I guess time seperated us an' we all were too much of 'jerks to actually stay togetha' despite everythang"

"Th3n wh4t h4pp3n3d h3r3?"

"...it's too complicated alright? Ye'll find out soon late'h"

Infected shrugged and continued to walk down the stone passageway, the lights above them flickering and sometimes not functioning in some departments.

"Wh4t h4pp3n3d t0 P1LBY?"

"Went with Mach....somewhare"

"Sh##....b1v3?? Spl1t??"

"Haven't heard' of them in foreva'"

"L4mp3rt?"

"..."

"...."

The sudden awkward silence just made infected sigh and continue to walk until they saw sets of doors on each side of the tunnel, mark pointed to one that was marked with the numbers "09" and infected obliged, opening it to reveal the interior of a rather expensive looking yet abandoned house, the big panel window from the living room revealing a sight to another abandoned city, this time it wasn't of infecteds.

"This was waltuh's home before uh...the thing happaned'"

Infected went inside the house and shut the door behind him, placing mark on a couch "thank ya son, bless yer soul" he muttered as he rubbed his head and got comfortable, while infected walked to the window and stared out the abandoned and ruined cities.

"Well this is new." A third voice joined in, being that of Wallters, he seemed to be in a slightly better condition than mark, but was still run down, some parts of his body were shot and run down it revealed his base self before he drank the grey stuff, and also being on a walking stick to treat his twisted leg that dragged behind him, his scarf tattered and his glasses crooked "infected! What a nice surprise.."

"W4llt3r? Infected gasped at his condition and he nodded "been through a little bit of a curfuffle but it's nothing.." he shook his hands off as if it was nothing to worry about, his speech a little slurred, he hoped towards infected and patted his head "say where have you been? It's been forever!" He mentioned in a rather uneasy tone.

"I...d0nt...kn0w?" He scratched his head

"D'ohh it's fine, must be the age getting to y-you" he chuckled, petting infected again "you don't look all that old though.."

"Uhh wh4t c4n 1 s4y? 1m t00 sw4g t0 l00k 0k." He said in a fake cocky mannerism, brushing his shoulders

"Whatever you say friend." Wallter waddled to the couch and gently sat next to the sleeping and resting mark

"S0 Uh...l1k3...wh4t h4pp4nn3d h3r3?"

"A lot." Wallter commented, staring at the blank tv, which was broken and probably couldn't display anything.

"Uh...c00l? Uh s4y d0 yu0 kn0w wh3r3 d4d 1s?"

Wallter slowly turned to infected, his expression, while still smudgingly smiling, was filled with a little confusion and dread

"Unpleasant? The rectangular fellow? Why I thought you'd remember..."

"Wh4t? R3m3mb3r wh4t?"

"Didn't you know? You ate him infected."