Part 8

Sleeping in the chair was slightly comfortable until Shepard hit me telling me to gear up.

Joker: Commander, I'm reading a signal. Must be our salarian infiltration team. 

Kaiden: Check out those defense towers. 

Shepard: Drop the Mako. We'll go in hot and take them out.

Getting in the driver seat I waited for Joker to fly us close.

Joker: I'll get you in underneath their radar, Commander's.

After we hit the ground I started driving.

Joker: We've got a clean drop, commander's. 

Shepard: Stay out of range and continue evasive maneuvers until we bring those AA towers down. 

Joker: I know the drill. Meet you at the camp once those towers are off-line. Joker out. 

Driving towards the first tower I saw how nice the place was until the Mako was hit by geth rocket drones which were easily destroyed by the Mako, so I drove hitting more geths and easily killing them until we finally hit the first AA tower.

Liara: We must find a way to disable their artillery.

Clearing the geth from the area by using the Mako we got out and headed up the stairs, but three of the geth's were defending where the tower was being powered. Liara used singularity gathering them into a single spot while Shepard and I threw grenades and fired until they were dead. Making sure we were clear I then turned off the AA tower while Shepard opened the gate. 

Joker: I'm reading that the grid is down, Commander's. On approach to the salarian base now. Out.  

Y/N: Let's get outta here, Shepard.

Shepard: Let's go then.

Getting into the Mako I started driving and saw the Normandy pass by as I turned a corner only to be stopped by another closed gate.

Y/N: These jerks!

Shepard: Jerks?

Y/N: I gotta keep the language to a minimum. 

Once again I used the Mako to clear the geth's and we got out to open the gates, and getting to the top of the stairs two geth's were hiding behind the entrance to the controls. Using lift Shepard shot it to death Liara shot at the other one as I threw a grenade killing it, and as we got to the hallway two Geth Destroyer was walking down the hall shooting at us. Using the singularity and grenades did the trick and finally at the controls I opened the gate.

Liara: That was the final gate. Our path to the salarian camp should be clear from here.

Y/N: Better be, don't wanna keep getting out and in over and over again.

Driving again it was quiet until Joker radioed us again. 

Joker: Commander's. Normandy's touched down at the base, but it looks like we're grounded. The salarian captain can explain when you get here. 

Y/N: Grounded? We should get Joker a babysitter. 

Shepard: Really, Y/N?

Y/N: I'm saying nothing but the truth.

Finally we saw the salarian camp.

Liara: There is the salarian camp. 

Stopping the Mako close by we got out and walked towards the captain who was talking to Ashley and Kaiden.

Ashley: So what are we supposed to do now?

???: Stay put until we can come up with a plan. 

Shepard: Are you in charge here? What's the situation?