PROLOGUE

Footsteps approached.

Jimin strained his ears as he lay in the darkness. Amid the footsteps, he could make out the sound of metal clinking against metal. His heart leaped with expectation ― what if? ― but he sternly told himself not to get his hopes up. How many times had those footsteps brought him disappointment these past two weeks?

"Jimin Lennix. Wake up." A sharp voice rang out in the cramped cell of the detention centre. Jimin opened his eyes and stared at the blank wall.

"I told you to wake up!" commanded the deputy sheriff in an irritable voice. Jimin slowly raised himself from his bed and turned his face toward the figure beyond the metal bars.

"Get over here and hold your hands out."

Jimin did as he was told, went up to the metal bars, and held out his hands through the space in the middle. The deputy sheriff handcuffed him and opened the metal grate.

"The bus is leaving in an hour. Get your physical done and get changed."

"Where am I going?" Jimin asked quietly.

"Schelger Prison," replied the deputy sheriff, business-like. Jimin sighed in relief. He had been worried out of his mind about being transferred to the wrong prison due to some error.

"Tough luck. You'll have to live with it," said the deputy sheriff, apparently misinterpreting Jimin's sigh. It was no wonder. No criminal would be glad to find out they were being transferred to a notorious maximum-security prison. But for Jimin, Schelger Prison was the one and only place that would save him.

______________________

Kim Chi: Why their surnames are different, you will know in front of the story. Hope this book will get your love and support like other books.