Chapter VIII

siiiiiip. Yuji sipped his almost-empty drink making it the only sound that goes around the area of their table.

"Was that Y/n's father?" Megumi asked.

"No, not quite. But for now, let's say... he is Y/n's 'Father'. I can't say something about it yet because I don't know its background information." Satoru got up from his seat.

"Where the hell are you off to now?" Kugisaki asked the older man.

"Ah, for a stroll. I'm getting bored since Y/n is not here." He said smirking at the high school girl.

"Sensei... before you go, could you pay for this?" Yuji said with his puppy eyes as if his allowance disappeared just like that.

"I already paid, I knooow, I'm so cool right? Oh!  And handsome too." The white-haired man smirked at the annoyed brown feisty cat, an excited pink puppy, and a nonchalant black cat.

"Yea yea right, thanks, now go fetch Y/n or whatever." Kugisaki sighed at the older man.

"How did you even knew that?" He stopped his tracks at took a good look at Kugisaki.

"I sense it, now go. You're ruining our trio bond, oldie "

"Alright, it's on you the next time we all have lunch together. Ciaaaooo." The three heard his laughs even after leaving the restaurant. They can't help but sigh at the teacher.

"I won't treat all of you. My money is for cute clothes only."

"Even I, I  won't treat all of you." Yuji joined in protesting that they will never treat Satoru or the group to eat out.

The two looked at the black haired male who is stuck on his phone. Shoving his entire face, almost as if the phone was sucking his face inside the screen. 

'He'll be able to enter his goddamn phone anytime soon.' They both thought to themselves.

Megumi sensed that the two was looking at him and he decided to look back at them.

"What do you want?" He asked with his usual 'I don't give a shit about you' tone.

"I think it's time for you to treat us out for lunch you know?" Kugisaki said, a mischief tone lingering through her voice.

"Yea senpai...." Yuji squinted his eyes at his senpai wanting him to treat the trio (or even Satoru) for lunch or a snack.

"My treat, my choice." He simply stated and before the two could celebrate, Kugisaki again complained.

"It's your treat, we should be the one choosing where to eat, not you." 

"Like you said, it's my treat. Meaning, MY money, MY decisions. Hope you get that inside your thick skull." He talked right back at the brown-haired girl.

"PPFFTTT-" Yuji held back his laughter after seeing Kugisaki's reaction.

"Ugh, fine. Deal. I hope that you won't pay the restaurant to poison us." Kugisaki joked at the black-haired high school boy.

"I won't do that." Megumi replied.

"Goo-"

But before Kugisaki could finish one word, Megumi cut her off.

"At least not to Y/n-san."

Yuji on the other hand, sulking at the corner of the restaurant.

"You'll poison me senpai?" He rocked himself back and fort turning into a white chibi with no life but still has a life.

Kugusaki and Fushiguro deadpanned at their comrade as he acted like a child.

"Oi! Get up from there! You'll embarrass us." Kugisaki called out to Yuji

Meanwhile Megumi wandered off on his thoughts again.

'I wonder when I'll be able to have some time for Y/n-san.'

Megumi is too... TOO shy to admit to himself that he loves you. Not as a significant person tho. But as his own mother. He'll be on his mind thinking 'where are you', 'are you coming back', or 'will she bought some of my favorite foods when she got back.' 

Megumi's choice of food isn't that complicated. Fried rice, miso soup, grilled fish and meat, sometimes even ramen. Those are his type of food. But what he liked more was your fried rice with ginger. He liked your cooking and would finish a whole bowl and would ask for more.

He missed it, since Satoru in the other hand, don't really know how to cook the dish. So no matter how hard he tries, he can't replicate how you cook. He can't even replicate the techniques you have used to cook the dish. Which he enjoyed, since he always opt for a challenge.

Megumi placed a hand on his chin. Staring outside watching families cross the streets. Like how him and you would got out to enjoy the streets of Tokyo, going to a park, to go shopping, every where. He felt nostalgic, if only you were there by his side. Like how you used to be when he needs someone, or when he felt lonely. 

But deep down inside, he was happy. So happy that he could burst out of happiness. Seeing you alive and well, made his day a more 'lively' one. He saw the sun of his life, the one who guided him through out his struggling years. The one who gave him light. The one who gave him hope. 

The one who stood as his own Mother. 

He sighed and smile a little as he watched people crossed the road. 

He then looked up to the setting sun.

"So beautiful..." He told himself while the two were bickering about their attitudes and etiquette.

He kept watching the sun go down as he sipped his drink. It was nice not thinking of anything else anymore. It was nice that your presence gave him a peace of mind. It was... nice... so so nice.

'Thank you Y/n for staying alive. Thank you for being here. Thank you... I missed you so bad Y/n... I didn't knew what to think, say, or do when I heard about the tragedy... But I'm glad you showed yourself before me. If only I could run into your arms, and hug you tightly, and tell you how much I love you... I have done it. But you don't even remember me. Which is fine, I hope you'll remember me and we could re-live those days together. Just you and me... a son with his mother. '

'Welcome home again... Mom.'