05.

Tia's hands reached up on his neck and she made him turn to face her. Shivaay shut down his laptop looking up at her with a curious gaze.

"Change. We are going on a date." A small smile made up on his lips at that. "Okay." He said and went to change into something fresh. He came out wearing a blue casual dress shirt paired up with black pants. It was V necked and looked absolutely delectable on him. He could feel Tia's eyes on him.

"Oh my" she purred.

"Blue is absolutely your color." She said as she eyed him appreciatively.

Shivaay shuffled uncomfortably under the intense gaze. "But change into something different." He frowned. "But didn't you-"

"Do it." She said not bothering to look up from her manicured nails. Shivaay sighed and went to change. He then wore a red shirt paired up with trousers. She tutted. "Do not wear something like this again. Red doesn't suit you." She spoke with. Shivaay frowned in disappointment. He was comfortable in this outfit.

"Go change. I am not going anywhere with you looking like this. Besides we don't even match." Shivaay sighed. He was now fed up with her attitude but then again they are going out after so long that he didn't really care about her tantrums. It was Tia they had been talking about. She has always been like this.

He went back in the closet, and when he came out Tia was tapping her foot impatiently on the wooden floor of their shared apartment, that he had to buy especially because she doesn't like her privacy invaded and never visited the mansion with him.

He came out dressed in a black shirt and grey trousers. Any sane girl would have swooned after having a good look at him but Tia just pinched the bridge of her nose. "Shivaay, didn't I just say that we are going on a date? Why the hell are you dressed up like you are going for meeting!" He flinched when she throw the phone on the couch.

"You know what? I don't even care anymore. Let's just go like this. What was I even expecting. It is you after all. You are nothing except your business." Her words stung. But he remained silent as they got into the car. And drove themselves to the location that Tia had put up. He looked in to the rear view mirror of the car to see her scrolling on her phone. He eyed the empty passenger seat beside him. The restaurant was far away and he thought they'd enjoy the drive talking. But when did they ever that he was expecting it now?

Once they reached she got off the car while he handed the keys to the attendant. She walked inside the hotel without waiting up for him. He forced back his feelings.

When he went inside he was hit with the scent of delicious Italian cuisine. They used to enjoy their dates here, Tia always brought them to this place. He wondered why. Because this was the only place they went together, he didn't want to be a douche but he was bored of the place.

He'd thought that this would be a fresh break away from their routined life. But it was just another routine. He was memorized with what was going to happen now. They will order, or rather she will. They will wait in silence while she would text some friend of hers, laughing or smiling at her phone screen while he would look around himself. At the other couples who were on a date like them. But unlike them they enjoyed their time.

"Oh my God! Shivaay!" He felt arms envelope around him. Mallika. He felt himself smiling at his friend. Tia's expression wasn't as welcoming though. Siddharth passed him a small smile in greeting. He invited them to their own table. Though it might have been a bad idea, seeing Tia's glare. She didn't like Mallika. He thought it was because they were exes. Tia said to exchange seats with them when Mallika pulled up a chair beside his.

The waiter brought their drinks. "Shivaay, should you be drinking?" Mallika asked when he picked up a glass. Shivaay debated for a moment. She was referring to his health. He was advised to keep the alcohol consumption to the minimum. And he has to drive them back. Tia dismissed her, "Oh, I am sure a few glasses of whiskey won't do anything." Still Shivaay placed the glass back at the table. Mallika passed him an apologetic glance.

"So, how are you guys doing?" Mallika asked with the bright smile of hers. He saw Siddharth staring at her endeared, and she returned the smile. And Shivaay found himself longing for those quiet exchanges. With Tia they were almost non existent.

"Fine." Tia said in a meh tone. Mallika chuckled, "Why?" She asked. Tia shrugged and looked at him. "He never has time. Always busy in meetings and all." Mallika shook her head fondly. "He was like that." He frowned, why are they talking as if he wasn't there.

Siddharth interjected seeing his discomfort. "Well, that's admirable isn't it? The passion that he has for his work is admirable." Shivaay passed him a grateful smile. "Of course." Mallika agreed.

"Or if a person doesn't have anything else to do." He heard Tia add quietly. "pardon?" Mallika asked. He frowned at Tia's words. "I just meant that he doesn't have many friends. Or anyone outside his business circle, unlike his family. What else can a person do? Nor does he have any hobbies."

Shivaay's cheeks burned with humiliation. Why was Tia always hell bent on embarassing him infront of his friends? Mallika and Siddharth looked at each other awkwardly not knowing what to say to that. Thankfully their order arrived and Shivaay was saved from the rest humiliation. He dejectedly played with his food. Taking small bites, his appetite gone. He passed a look outside the window of their table. It was getting dark.

The was disastrous for him. Yes, Tia was right. He was not as much as experienced in the field of dates but he knew the couple of ones that he had with Mallika were the pleasant ones at least they didn't have a bad time. Mallika talked enough for both of them. They bid farewell to them, he heard Tia swear behind him.

He turned to check up on her. "Are you okay?" She rolled her eyes. "What happened?" He asked. "Our date was ruined." He frowned but he didn't say anything. "Because of you." And he couldn't hold back the startled confusion that surged inside him at her sudeen accusation.

"Why did you have to invite your ex at the table?" Shivaay sighed. "Tia I have already told you there is nothing between me and Mallika. We are just friends." He said pressing his lips together. She cocked an eyebrow to him.

"Really? Aren't you quite obedient for her?" He glanced at her. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Why did you have to put the glass back down?" He rolled his eyes. "She was right though."

"So, you are saying I am wrong?" She asked getting into her car seat. Shivaay frowned. "Why are you stretching something so trivial? There was no history behind that action." He felt his irritation rising. If she doesn't stop they are going to have a huge argument in the middle of the road.

"I had invited them because I haven't seen them in ages. Yes, I should have asked you first. But trust me I didn't want to be rude." He pursed his lips.

"Or you didn't want to offend your only friends?" She asked, her tone was sly. "Now, you are crossing your line Tia." He said his frustration bubbling up.

"Am I? Then fine! Stop the car." He frowned. But then she raised her voice. And he really didn't want to make a scene. He pulled the car aside.

"Just so you know Shivaay you don't have anyone except me! Face the truth already! Because at the end of the day you will come back crawling at me." She hissed as he exited the car. Walking away. Leaving her words ringing in his ears.

You don't have anyone expect me.

Face the truth.

And he felt his eyes glistening. Hearing a honk behind him, he regained his senses and drove off.

But not to his Mansion.

Not to their shared apartment.

He didn't know where he was going. He didn't care. And he knew neither did anyone else. Because none of his family checked up on him. Did they care at all? He hadn't returned home in two days. Yet there wasn't a single message of them enquiring.

And he found himself wondering, if there was something wrong with him?

.

[This chapter was to show how Tia is breaking Shivaay's confidence. The book will be maxed up to twenty chapters. This will get worse as the chapters progress because I have to show the toxic relationship they share. I can't rush the chapters. And he is still left to encounter his family members.]