Fresh Beginning

I've dreamed of this moment for far too long and now it's finally here.
I already made a cup of tea and had a slice of bread with peanut butter smothered all over it. Packing I thought to myself, I definitely need to pack my things if I want to go to Paris.

An hour and a half later

"Hard work" I say under my heavy breath, taking a look around my room seeing that I emptied the space and my eyes set on Milo casually exploring the new environment. I'd be curious too, seeing that everything was empty with no objects; both high and low. Interesting as it is, I found her old toy that I seemingly forgot about, she stuffed it in the far corner of my closet. Cat business.
I tick off the parts of the apartment that I've cleared; the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom and the bedroom. Everything.
I can't believe this is actually happening. The same thoughts coursed through my mind even when I've booked my flight.
Now I'm sitting here, just letting it be.
Suddenly I think about how I've always been such a lover of fashion as a little girl. I'd draw pictures of designer clothing that were my own imaginary idea that I would create one day with my two hands and that I'd have models walk down the runway representing my clothing in my name. I feel something, a tear. Not just a tear, but a happy tear. I'm doing what I've always wanted to do might I end up on the cold ground in the dirt outside of warm building lined up on the many streets.

...

Dinner was a hassle, I couldn't figure out what to eat so I settled on a ceaser salad.
Milo had her usual, what a lucky being not needing to be picky over food. I thought to myself while I scanned her every feature and movement. At least I can count myself as lucky too, I'm not completely alone in this apartment.

After washing up, I turn off the lights and head to my bedroom to get a good night's rest. Milo meows in approvement and I give her a little scratch on the back, letting her wander off to her own little bed.

There's a world out there waiting for us.
And we will enjoy every second of it.